Topics

Koch method - is learning progress evaluated?

dm7ci@...

Hello,

I built my Morserino a few days ago and I am very happy with it.
I have though a question: if I want to learn the CW letters and numbers using the Koch method, the lesson started with the "k" letter (groups of 3 letters), but
although I can key the "k" letter almost without mistakes, the program sent me further, indefinitely, this letter.
I would have expected that, after I key the letter a few times successively correct, the software would automatically include the next letter (like "m") in the training, and so on,
until I would be able to key all the letters and numbers without mistakes.
Maybe it's not working as I imagine (I am used with the app "Morse machine", which is doing exactly that), or I have not set some parameter correctly in the software?

Thanks in advance for your answer(s).

Conrad

Willi, OE1WKL

Hi Conrad,

No, there is no automatic progression built in - you decide yourself if you feel confident enough to go forward to the next lesson… My goal was to give a maximum of freedom to the user.

Am 18.06.2019 um 13:52 schrieb dm7ci@...:

[...]

Thanks Willi, that's exactly the information I needed.
I love my Morserino and I am so grateful that you created it!

73
Conrad

dm7ci@...

Just as a side question: would it be possible to implement this automatic progression in the firmware?
And if it's possible, would it be difficult to write the code for it?
Sorry for the novice questions, I have very little experience in programming...

73

Conrad

Willi, OE1WKL

Hi Conrad,

Possible it would be - software is very flexible ;-)
Difficult? Not extremely. But it would be quite an effort, nevertheless (the planning of how to do i meaningfully probably being the hardest part of it).

AS I have a few things on my to do list that are probably of higher priority, it would be pretty far at the back end of that list.
On the other hand - as everything is open source, maybe someone in the group sees enough benefit to write the code and submit it to GitHub?

I did not see a lot of benefit in such a feature - after all, you should be able to judge yourself if your progress is good enough to go on to the next lesson...

OE1WKL

Am 05.07.2019 um 15:01 schrieb dm7ci@...:

Just as a side question: would it be possible to implement this automatic progression in the firmware?
And if it's possible, would it be difficult to write the code for it?
Sorry for the novice questions, I have very little experience in programming...

73

Conrad

Greg - WB5GM

Conrad - Use "Echo Trainer" - "File Player" mode.  You can build several .txt files which include the Koch sequence of "K M R U ...." characters.

I use file player almost exclusively to practice those characters, Q-codes and words (including callsign) which need more help. Below is part of my current .TXT file that I am working on;

qsl qsl qsl qsl
qrs qrs qrs
5NN 5NN 5NN
579 579 579