From: morserino@groups.io <morserino@groups.io> on behalf of Guillermo Sobalvarro via Groups.Io <hk4km@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:38:34 PM
To: morserino@groups.io
Subject: [morserino] iCW setup

Where can I find instructions on how to set up Morserino iCW with Mumble?
Thanks.

Guillermo Sobalvarro

Thank you for your reply.  Will look into this.

jasonbrambach

I recently set up iCW/Mumble VoIP on an iMac & a PC to send morse code with my M-32 over the internet on the iCW server.
Use the following YT video for help with setup of iCW and Mumble: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=83&v=lcCTfZs5Xio
Remember that you use the Line In/Out on M-32 which is 4 pole 3.5 mm, (use 4 pole splitter to 2 TRS cables so you can let the M32 decode as well) going to your PC mic & speaker/headphone jacks. You will probably need an adaptor like:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I3A47I4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
And on the iMac I found it best to use an External Sound Card USB Hub such as:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XNJLHXS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Take your time... it can be daunting but you will get there and it is quite amazing to hear your clean code coming back to you when you do your first "Loopback Test" in Mumble VoIP.
Look for my Call when you are on the iCW Server so we can QSO. I am ky9i, Jay Brambach contact me @ jdbrambach@... if you need more help. The first time you connect to New server on Mumble you need to set Address: 50.116.22.243, Port: 34749, Label: iCW-Texas-direct-IP and Username: yourCallSign/Name (leaving no spaces) It will say something about "host name" & "certificate"...just click yes and you will be into the iCW Rooms. GL de KY9I 73