Topics

How does the CW Generator know which Koch trainer characters have been learned?

Joy Rabins

I started using the Morserino yesterday with the Koch trainer and am beginning to learn the characters in the Koch order. I love the active interaction. I think it makes it easier to remember the sound pattern and to associate my keying of the character with the sound.

My question is, when the Morserino runs the CW generator to test you on the letters you have learned through the Koch trainer, how does it know which letters you have learned? Is there a parameter somewhere that you check off the letters learned so it knows what to send as a test?

In the past when I try to copy more than a couple of letters, my brain goes blank and I forget everything that was sent. I guess it’s an overflow error in my brain ;) Is it best to limit the characters (words, CW abbreviations, etc.) sent to 2 until all the characters are learned and then increase the number of characters sent? Or do you increase the number of characters sent before you learn all the characters?

Thanks for any advice?

--
Joy
KM6IFL

Matthew Pullan

As for the echo trainer: you need to build up your memory capacity slowly. So definitely start with 2 letters and get comfortable there before trying 3 letters, and so on.
            73 de OE6FEG
                     Matt

[...]

F5vjc

I think you will find short words easier (and more useful) than random characters, but beware of guessing the word :)

73 F5VJC

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 at 03:59, Matthew Pullan <m0feu@...> wrote:
[...]

Willi, OE1WKL

Joy,

The Parameter „Koch Lesson“ defines the character set - e.g. if you have set that to 5, then CW Generator and Echo Trainer within Koch Trainer only use the characters up to lesson 5.