Topics

How delete file from Morserino? may be is full

Donato Ninno - IW2EMD

Hello,

I'm new owner of Morserino, I've played a bit with him, then I've tried to upload asc file to play names I can "manage".

So I went to github, downloaded the TXT file there, with thousand of names in it... (that was around 8MB large)
I've checked if before, and seen that was in HTML format, but I assumed was the correct format (even because Morserino has a tiny web server built-in) so I've uploaded it into Morserino. (I do know I should have checked manual BEFORE), but I was in rush since I'm leaving for vacation.

The upload was done at 100% but no automatic reload, so after a while I've reset it and played the file.
Of course morserino started to play exactly the html file as text (http:// bla bla)....

So I assume that I do need to free space from Heltec module, How I can delete that file now?

-I've tried an upload of a new file, same name,  but just few lines in it, morserino stills plays http...
-I've tried to reset the heltec board, same results
-I've tried to upgrade with new firmware (1.4) in the hope that It could "refresh" files, but the update procedure won't work. (I guess there is no more space to download the bin file.

I do need some advice.

Many thanks
Donato

Dave

Hi Donato,
Try copying a small portion of the text portion of the file to a text file using something like “Notebook” in windows, save it as a “.txt” file, then upload again.

Dave Bouknight
C: 724-640-3341

On Jul 29, 2019, at 10:38, Donato Ninno - IW2EMD <iw2emd@...> wrote:

[...]

I already tried out. It seems that goes fine (say 100% upload) ma still plays old file..

D.

--
Sent from iPhone

Willi, OE1WKL

Upgrading to 1.4 should still work, as the binaries are using a different memory space than the SPIFFS file system.
Try to do this, if only to make sure your WLAN connection is working.
But updating the firmware will not purge the file system.
The problem likely arose when you tried to stuff 8MB into a 1MB space… When you upload a file, the previous one should be overwritten. Try with a different short  file first, that you created with a text editor.

Willi
.

Am 29.07.2019 um 18:22 schrieb Donato Ninno - IW2EMD <iw2emd@...>:

[...]

Hi Willi,

tried both, no results.
Tried to upload new 3 lines file txt, but he plays still the old one
Tried to upload new firmware... it goes from 0 to 100% in a bit... and still has the old f/w in it.

I can make a video if could help.

I have no clue on how proceed now.

D.

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 7:01 PM Willi, OE1WKL <willi@...> wrote:
[...]

Donato,

I can only assume that somehow the partition structure of the memory got corrupted.
Probably not curable without an IDE or hardware programmer.

I will send you a new programmed Heltec module next week, and ask you to return yours when you have got the new one.

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

Am 02.08.2019 um 14:33 schrieb Donato Ninno - IW2EMD <iw2emd@...>:

[...]

Ok, many thanks and apologies for the inconvenient caused by my inexperience..
D.