Topics

Firmware 2.1 Released

Willi, OE1WKL

One Year Ago...

... the Kickstarter campaign for launching Morserino-32 has been successfully closed. And as of today, 1290 kits have been shipped, with another 43 kits waiting to be shipped within the next 10 days. Thanks to all the Kickstarter backers - without you this project would not have seen the light of day!

Firmware version 2.1 has been released

This is a bug fix release - as always, new features introduce new bugs (and brake older features). Now, the bugs were mostly not critical and only ocurred with certain combinations of options, but nevertheless I tried to fix them ASAP and push the improved version  out...

These are the bugs that have been fixed:
  • In Generator Mode only vvv<ka> was sent when the option Auto Stop was on. This has been fixed. In addition, the parameter „Max # of Words“ is ignored when „Auto Stop“ is „on“.
  • In ‚Echo Trainer' > ‚Random' (length = 1 char) everything was running OK until a '+' occurred. This sign was then repeated in an endless loop, no matter if the answer was correct or not. This has been fixed.
  • In The 'echo trainer' with „Max # of Words“ not unlimited, when the last word was repeatedly given wrong, the Morserino hung in a strange state (which could be exited with a press of the black knob). This has been fixed.
  • The CW decoder was setting the keyer speed according to the code it was decoding (described in the manual as „bug or feature“). This was a nuisance in Transceiver mode, when you wanted your keyer speed to remain the same no matter what speed the other station was sending with. This has been fixed, decoder speed is now independent from keyer speed. In Transceiver mode both speeds are shown as e.g. r14s18 WpM, which means received 14 WpM, sending at 18 WpM.

You can get the binary firmware from GitHub and update your Morserino-32! Of course source code and documentation (the new manual!) can also be found there.

OE1WKL

Wolf, OE7FTJ

Hi WIlli!

Thank you for the fast response to release a new FW fix.
I like the Morserino32 and works almost every day with it, but sometimes it drives me crazy because my (old) brain will not be so fast in learning ;-)

73 de
Wolf, oe7ftj

--
I prefere encrypted communication. My PGP public key is available at:

Am Sa., 9. Nov. 2019 um 14:12 Uhr schrieb Willi, OE1WKL <willi@...>:

[...]

arnold@...

I guess there is a bug.
In the Koch Echotrainer there was a <newline> after an OK or ERR. Now the characters continue to the end of the line and wrap around to the next line. It is hard to read.
73
OE1IAH

Joy Rabins

Willi, am one release behind for the firmware updates. Can I just update to this release or do I have to update them in order? Thanks,
--
Joy
N6GO

Willi, OE1WKL

There is no restriction regarding versions... You can jump versions, you can go back, whatever you like!

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

Am 10.11.2019 um 06:06 schrieb Joy Rabins <doghouse3@...>:

Willi, am one release behind for the firmware updates. Can I just update to this release or do I have to update them in order? Thanks,
--
Joy
N6GO

N4BQQ@yahoo.com

I agree.
In the v1.4, while in Koch Trainer / Echo Trainer,
CW Abbrevs, English Words, Mixed (all but Random) include letters outside or beyond my lesson letters.

However, I appreciate this machine very much.  Thank you.

Mike N4BQQ

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 15:00, arnold@...
<arnold@...> wrote:
I guess there is a bug.
In the Koch Echotrainer there was a <newline> after an OK or ERR. Now the characters continue to the end of the line and wrap around to the next line. It is hard to read.
73
OE1IAH

Willi, OE1WKL

While I would not call it a bug, I will try to re-introduce that carriage return in the next version...

Willi

<arnold@...> wrote:
I guess there is a bug.
In the Koch Echotrainer there was a <newline> after an OK or ERR. Now the characters continue to the end of the line and wrap around to the next line. It is hard to read.
73
OE1IAH

Redshank 27 <colmmcconnell@...>

Hi Willi,

Just a short note to thank you for such a great kit and for all the firmware updates. I have been trying to learn Morse for quite a while now and I have to say I am finding the morserino an invaluable tool that has helped me to improve my Morse considerably. I have just finished my session today and I find I can practice anywhere with head phones. I was even away for a few days recently and I brought the morserino with me and got my practice in. I am improving the machine is letting me know because I am getting less and less err messages. So thank you again Willi and the best of luck to you.

Colm
EI2KN.