Topics

Feature request - Sleep mode indicator

Matthew .

Hi Willi,

First, thank you very much for the Morserino!

Could it be possible to have the LED blink every 5 seconds or so when the device goes to sleep? Sometime I get pulled away and forget to turn it off.

Thanks again and 73
Matt
N2IDW

Willi, OE1WKL

Matt,

I will have to do some research to see if this is possible, or how… Maybe there are any ESP32 programmers on the list who can give me a hint how to do this in sleep mode? Probably have to wake up the ESP32 every few seconds to do the blinking, and return to sleep again? Will of course drain the battery even faster...

Am 30.06.2019 um 15:48 schrieb Matthew . <matt421421@...>:

Hi Willi,

First, thank you very much for the Morserino!

Could it be possible to have the LED blink every 5 seconds or so when the device goes to sleep? Sometime I get pulled away and forget to turn it off.

Thanks again and 73
Matt
N2IDW

Joy Rabins

Will, if you are successful in figuring out how to do this could you please consider making it a preference? I would prefer to have the battery last longer than to have a blinking light.

Before I would make a change like this that would affect the battery for possibly everyone I would take a pole to see how many people think this is a problem. I guess if you drain the battery enough times you start to remember to either get back to it or turn it off.

That's my 2 cents
--
Joy
KM6IFL

Kit

How about just before going to sleep it sends 'ZZZ' (just on the sounder) as a warning?

-G0JPS

Willi, OE1WKL

Joy,

I would not make a compulsory change that might be to the detriment to everybody, so if this is possible at all, it would be an option.

OE1WKL