Topics

external paddles behave oddly

John Hysell

I have tried two external paddles that I own, and neither one works well with the morserino.
In both cases, the morserinfo fails to decern between a dit or dah based on the paddle hit.
The capacitive paddles work fine, but external paddles all behave like a straight key.
I can make dit and dah by varying how long I hold either paddle *both paddles behave in this manner*.
Am I missing something in the setup of the morserino? I have read the manual and played with the settings menu
but cannot make progress on this.
thanks for any guidance and 73
John
K2HJ

Willi, OE1WKL

You are working in CW Decoder mode, it seems. Use CW Keyer (or any other mode).

Am 24.12.2019 um 15:52 schrieb John Hysell via Groups.Io <jdhysell@...>:

I have tried two external paddles that I own, and neither one works well with the morserino.
In both cases, the morserinfo fails to decern between a dit or dah based on the paddle hit.
The capacitive paddles work fine, but external paddles all behave like a straight key.
I can make dit and dah by varying how long I hold either paddle *both paddles behave in this manner*.
Am I missing something in the setup of the morserino? I have read the manual and played with the settings menu
but cannot make progress on this.
thanks for any guidance and 73
John
K2HJ

John Hysell

yes
You nailed it in one.
OK - so decoder mode is key only...
I can live with that.

thanks and 73
John
K2HJ

John Hysell

Still no joy.
I tried the external paddles in KEYER mode.
Same behavior. Both paddles generate dit or dah (or repeating characters)
based on how long I hold them. I do not see how to make one defined as dit
and the other as dah...
Does JMP1 play any role? I have no jumpers on any of the 4 pins.
*the assembly docs do not show any either*

73 and merry Christmas to all
John
K2HJ

Juergen Wagner

Hello John,
i think now i've understood what u mean: no matter which paddle u close,
dits and dots alternativly will be generated. years ago i had exacly that with
a wrong wired keyer in which each paddle contact closes both contacts.
If u hve an unwired connctor, plug it in and check with closing the right
connections. When happens the same failure it lookes for me that the socket has
the the mail function, otherwise its externa├ on the way to the keying device.
73
Juergen
DL4KE
nnnn

Am 25.12.2019 um 18:22 schrieb John Hysell via Groups.Io:

Still no joy.
I tried the external paddles in KEYER mode.
Same behavior. Both paddles generate dit or dah (or repeating characters)
based on how long I hold them. I do not see how to make one defined as dit
and the other as dah...
Does JMP1 play any role? I have no jumpers on any of the 4 pins.
*the assembly docs do not show any either*

73 and merry Christmas to all
John
K2HJ

Willi, OE1WKL

John,
Can you prepare a short video for us soi that we can see that strange behaviour?

Thanks
Willi

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet