Topics

External paddle recommendations

David

Any recommendations for some external paddles? As much as I like the Begali, I was wondering if there are some good “entry level” paddles that folks can suggest.

Wolf, OE7FTJ

You can use any single or dual lever paddles. Begali is the top class.

73 de Wolf

David <dsh1705@...> schrieb am Di., 31. Dez. 2019, 18:16:

Any recommendations for some external paddles? As much as I like the Begali, I was wondering if there are some good “entry level” paddles that folks can suggest.

David Bamford

You kind of get what you pay for, so knowing your price range would help.  If you really are going to stick with CW I would recommend a paddle that has enough weight in the base to stay put, precise adjustment screws to keep a narrow gap, and a quality build with good bearings to allow movement only in the keying direction.

The Kent Paddle is nice and still below Begali Euro exchange costs:
https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-004917

There are cheaper and I will let others recommend paddle they like as well for even less money.

Good luck and 73 for 2020.

Dave
W2DAB

Chuck Broadwell, W5UXH

The UR5CDX paddles seem reasonably priced, at least a few years ago when I ordered the CT599.  My Begali Graciella with wide base opening is much nicer, but I think the CT599 is worth the price.

https://www.ur5cdx.com/index.php?language=en

Chuck, W5UXH

Juergen Wagner

Since around 20 years i use Schurr paddles - at my KX2/3 transceivers i found the Begali Adventure as perfect !
but its like beer: mni sorts and every one hve to look for his own one...
73' es HNY
Juergen
DL 4 KE

nnnn

Am 31.12.2019 um 18:14 schrieb David:

Any recommendations for some external paddles? As much as I like the Begali, I was wondering if there are some good “entry level” paddles that folks can suggest.

Parsons, John

If you are budget minded but still want a good and reliable key, try this site.

https://cwmorse.us/

John Parsons

KC4KXL