Topics

Error Compiling Morserino

Originally I had no errors compiling the code.  But I had to rebuild my Arduino environment after losing the drive my home directory was on (Linux).

Now after building it, I have to change or remove a variable that conflicts with some of the base libraries for Heltec-esp32
There is a conflict with the definition of the variable Vext.  If I change it's name or just remove the definition, it will compile.

See below.
Arduino: 1.8.9 (Linux), Board: "WiFi LoRa 32(V2), Disabled, default_8MB, 240MHz (WiFi/BT), QIO, 80MHz, 8MB (64Mb), 921600, None"

morse_3_v1.3:133:11: error: conflicting declaration 'const int Vext'
 const int Vext = 21;
           ^
In file included from /home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/cores/esp32/Arduino.h:190:0,
                 from sketch/morse_3_v1.3.ino.cpp:1:
/home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/variants/wifi_lora_32_V2/pins_arduino.h:65:22: note: previous declaration as 'const uint8_t Vext'
 static const uint8_t Vext = 21;

^
Multiple libraries were found for "SPI.h"
 Used: /home/atreubig/Arduino/libraries/SPI
 Not used: /home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/libraries/SPI
Multiple libraries were found for "WiFi.h"
 Used: /home/atreubig/Arduino/libraries/WiFi
 Not used: /home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/libraries/WiFi
 Not used: /home/atreubig/arduino-1.8.9/libraries/WiFi
Multiple libraries were found for "SPIFFS.h"
 Used: /home/atreubig/Arduino/libraries/SPIFFS
 Not used: /home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/libraries/SPIFFS
Multiple libraries were found for "FS.h"
 Used: /home/atreubig/Arduino/libraries/FS
 Not used: /home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/libraries/FS
Multiple libraries were found for "Wire.h"
 Used: /home/atreubig/Arduino/libraries/Wire
 Not used: /home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/libraries/Wire
Multiple libraries were found for "Preferences.h"
 Used: /home/atreubig/Arduino/libraries/Preferences
 Not used: /home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/libraries/Preferences
Multiple libraries were found for "WebServer.h"
 Used: /home/atreubig/Arduino/libraries/WebServer
 Not used: /home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/libraries/WebServer
Multiple libraries were found for "ESPmDNS.h"
 Used: /home/atreubig/Arduino/libraries/ESPmDNS
Multiple libraries were found for "Update.h"
 Used: /home/atreubig/Arduino/libraries/Update
 Not used: /home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/libraries/Update
exit status 1
conflicting declaration 'const int Vext'

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Aug
AG5AT

Willi, OE1WKL

Aug,

From the error messages it seems that the compiler is not using the Heltec libraries, but others found on your machine… This seems to be the issue. Try to remove the ones that are „duplicates“ to the Heltec ones…

Hope this helps

Willi
OE1WKL

Am 27.05.2019 um 02:18 schrieb August Treubig <atreubig@...>:

Originally I had no errors compiling the code.  But I had to rebuild my Arduino environment after losing the drive my home directory was on (Linux).

Now after building it, I have to change or remove a variable that conflicts with some of the base libraries for Heltec-esp32
There is a conflict with the definition of the variable Vext.  If I change it's name or just remove the definition, it will compile.

See below.
Arduino: 1.8.9 (Linux), Board: "WiFi LoRa 32(V2), Disabled, default_8MB, 240MHz (WiFi/BT), QIO, 80MHz, 8MB (64Mb), 921600, None"

const int Vext = 21;
           ^
In file included from /home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/cores/esp32/Arduino.h:190:0,
/home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/variants/wifi_lora_32_V2/pins_arduino.h:65:22: note: previous declaration as 'const uint8_t Vext'

^
Multiple libraries were found for "SPI.h"
 Used: /home/atreubig/Arduino/libraries/SPI
 Not used: /home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/libraries/SPI
 Used: /home/atreubig/Arduino/libraries/WiFi
 Not used: /home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/libraries/WiFi
Multiple libraries were found for "SPIFFS.h"
 Used: /home/atreubig/Arduino/libraries/SPIFFS
 Not used: /home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/libraries/SPIFFS
Multiple libraries were found for "FS.h"
 Used: /home/atreubig/Arduino/libraries/FS
 Not used: /home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/libraries/FS
Multiple libraries were found for "Wire.h"
 Used: /home/atreubig/Arduino/libraries/Wire
 Not used: /home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/libraries/Wire
Multiple libraries were found for "Preferences.h"
 Used: /home/atreubig/Arduino/libraries/Preferences
 Not used: /home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/libraries/Preferences
Multiple libraries were found for "WebServer.h"
 Used: /home/atreubig/Arduino/libraries/WebServer
 Not used: /home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/libraries/WebServer
Multiple libraries were found for "ESPmDNS.h"
 Used: /home/atreubig/Arduino/libraries/ESPmDNS
Multiple libraries were found for "Update.h"
 Used: /home/atreubig/Arduino/libraries/Update
 Not used: /home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/libraries/Update
exit status 1

Aug
AG5AT

Willi,

Removing the libraries just removes the warning.  I t does not make any change in the conflict. 

const int Vext = 21;
           ^

^
 Used: /home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/libraries/WiFi
exit status 1

The package from Heltec has include a definition of Vext.  I have tried it with expressif package and the result is the same. 

I have chosen the WiFi LoRa 32(V2) as the board.  This includes file pins_arduino.h which has the declaration for Vext which conflicts with your declaration.

Aug
AG5AT

Willi, OE1WKL

Aug,

Not really sure what’s going on here. Try to comment out line 133 in the source - as th4 definition is the same in your version of the library, this should not be a problem.

Willi

Am 02.06.2019 um 19:55 schrieb August Treubig <atreubig@...>:

Willi,

Removing the libraries just removes the warning.  I t does not make any change in the conflict. 

const int Vext = 21;
           ^

^
 Used: /home/atreubig/.arduino15/packages/Heltec-esp32/hardware/esp32/0.0.2-rc1/libraries/WiFi
exit status 1

The package from Heltec has include a definition of Vext.  I have tried it with expressif package and the result is the same. 

I have chosen the WiFi LoRa 32(V2) as the board.  This includes file pins_arduino.h which has the declaration for Vext which conflicts with your declaration.

Aug
AG5AT