From: morserino@groups.io <morserino@groups.io> on behalf of Neno <grebo99@...>
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 3:05:46 PM
To: morserino@groups.io <morserino@groups.io>
Subject: [morserino] Connectors 1 and 2

Hello Group , may I kindly ask you for additional clarification of the Morserino connector 1 and 2. When reading the manual it says:

  • for connector 1: 3.5 mm jack (2 poles) - connect this to the transceiver: can I use jack with 3 poles? or mono is required? -> this cable goes to the KEY socket on the radio.
  • for connector 2: .5 mm jack (4 poles) - audio output: seems this is also 3,5 mm jack? 4 poles required why? -> this goes to radio rear audio output socket.
Each of the tree connectors number 1, 2 and also 4 are visually different (with different number of poles)  ... so that's why I am reluctant to plug before double check :-)

Thank you.
73 de Neno 9A6ZE

Neno

Thank you Matt. I do not want to connect it with PC , neither I want to create my own cables. What I need is explanation of the cables 1 and 2, which should be used to connect Morserino with transceiver , please. 73.

Matthew Pullan

Connector 2 should be used for your connection to a transceiver.
     73 Matt

Thank you Matt. I do not want to connect it with PC , neither I want to create my own cables. What I need is explanation of the cables 1 and 2, which should be used to connect Morserino with transceiver , please. 73.

Willi, OE1WKL

To be more specific:

- In order to key a transceiver / transmitter: Use Connector 1 and attach it to the KEY connector on your transceiver. This is a 2 pole connector, but you could use a 3 pole cable (only the tip will be used for keying).

- In order to decode CW received by your transceiver / receiver: Use connector 2. This is a 4-pole connector, and you have to use a 4 pole jack and cable. The audio from the receiver should be on tip and/or  ring 1, with ground on ring 2. Sleeve is not ground, but audio out from the Morserino (you could use that for modulating a FM radio, to transmit morse code over FM, for example…)