Topics

battery questions

Steve G1YBB

I've read several of the battery threads, I'm not asking where to get one.

My questions are:
How long would the Tattu 600mA battery last roughly?
I assume LiPo batteries are like my LiFePo4 batteries in that discharging them below a certain voltage is destructive to the battery. Does the Morserino32 look out for this?
Does the charging circuit 'switch off' when it detects the battery is charged?
And then I assume it switches in and out to keep battery topped up?

I'll probably use it at home via USB power anyway, but battery would be good for other situations.

thanks
Steve

arnold@...

Hi!
The ESP board has a battery circuit for charging and discharging. So only LiPos are treated correctly
-AH-

PeteWK8S

Also many, if not most, of the small lipos have protective circuits built in.

Pete WK8S
pmeier at me.com

On Dec 8, 2019, at 8:56 AM, arnold@... wrote:

Hi!
The ESP board has a battery circuit for charging and discharging. So only LiPos are treated correctly
-AH-

Willi, OE1WKL

The Heltec module has a charging circuit on board for LiPos. So they will be charged up slowly, and charging is switched of when the battery is full (no overcharging). They do not provide low voltage protection, unfortunately. So you need to take care to switch the battery off when not using the Morserino for a longer period…