Topics

Battery

Chris Bateson

What battery is everyone using?  I'm looking at the Tattu battery posted on the Morserino page and the size of the battery listed is bigger than the max dimensions.

Thanks
Chris

Chris Morrison

Hi Chris,
I just finished building my Morserino.
Using a Tattu 600 mA H as recommended. It protrudes inwards from under the LoRa unit but that‘s not a problem at all. Works a treat!

Chris
HB9HFB

Thingumybob.

On 11 Feb 2019, at 01:14, elitegoodguy@... wrote:

What battery is everyone using?  I'm looking at the Tattu battery posted on the Morserino page and the size of the battery listed is bigger than the max dimensions.

Thanks
Chris

Howard W6HDG

Edited

Hi Chris,
It turns out that the Tattu batteries they sell in the US are too wide to fit under the processor. Both Tattu models are 600ma so it is confusing. The thinner one is 30C discharge rating, not 25C.

Another forum member recommended this battery and it fits great under the circuit board. The USB charger is excellent too.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0756WN9JS/

Richard Lawn

Just got my kit yesterday and this post was very helpful. Just ordered it from Amazon.
73
Rick, W2JAZ

Chris Bateson

You're gonna find that the battery doesn't fit under the controller either. I purchased the one from the Amazon link.

I just have it under the board using the larger standoffs.

Thanks
Chris

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019, 1:56 PM Richard Lawn <rjlawn@...> wrote:
Just got my kit yesterday and this post was very helpful. Just ordered it from Amazon.
73
Rick, W2JAZ

Richard Lawn

Oh no! I was afraid of that. There are so many choices and I was most concerned about connector match and size.

--

Jim McConnell

Richard if you have any hobby shops that sell drones near where you live just take your Morserino-32 to the store and you can ask the owner to sell you a battery that will fit.
73
Jim NEØDA

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 12:52 PM Richard Lawn <rjlawn@...> wrote:
Oh no! I was afraid of that. There are so many choices and I was most concerned about connector match and size.

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 2:50 PM Chris Bateson <elitegoodguy@...> wrote:
You're gonna find that the battery doesn't fit under the controller either. I purchased the one from the Amazon link.

I just have it under the board using the larger standoffs.

Thanks
Chris

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019, 1:56 PM Richard Lawn <rjlawn@...> wrote:
Just got my kit yesterday and this post was very helpful. Just ordered it from Amazon.
73
Rick, W2JAZ

--

Richard Lawn

I'm an RC plane pilot and have flown a few small drones, but the hobby shops are getting few and far between these days. I'll see what I get from Amazon and if they fit I'll use them, otherwise keep looking. I'd like to stash it under the ESP unit if possible.
tnx
73
Rick

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 5:25 PM Jim McConnell <kb0scm@...> wrote:
[...]

Dan Romanchik KB6NU

Edited

I found that the battery being sold on Amazon to be a little too big, too. What I did was to attach it underneath the speaker, although if I were to do it again, I'd just mount it to the bottom plate of the enclosure, not the PC board.

btw, instead of using double-sided tape, I used mounting putty. I think that if you ever decide to move or replace the battery, mounting putty will use less residue.

73!

Dan KB6NU
CW Geek, Ham Radio Instructor
Author of the "No Nonsense" amateur radio license study guides
Read my ham radio blog at http://www.kb6nu.com