Topics

Battery

Chris Bateson

What battery is everyone using?  I'm looking at the Tattu battery posted on the Morserino page and the size of the battery listed is bigger than the max dimensions.

Thanks
Chris

Chris Morrison

Hi Chris,
I just finished building my Morserino.
Using a Tattu 600 mA H as recommended. It protrudes inwards from under the LoRa unit but that‘s not a problem at all. Works a treat!

Chris
HB9HFB

Thingumybob.

On 11 Feb 2019, at 01:14, elitegoodguy@... wrote:

What battery is everyone using?  I'm looking at the Tattu battery posted on the Morserino page and the size of the battery listed is bigger than the max dimensions.

Thanks
Chris

Howard W6HDG

Edited

Hi Chris,
It turns out that the Tattu batteries they sell in the US are too wide to fit under the processor. Both Tattu models are 600ma so it is confusing. The thinner one is 30C discharge rating, not 25C.

Another forum member recommended this battery and it fits great under the circuit board. The USB charger is excellent too.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0756WN9JS/

Richard Lawn

Just got my kit yesterday and this post was very helpful. Just ordered it from Amazon.
73
Rick, W2JAZ

Chris Bateson

You're gonna find that the battery doesn't fit under the controller either. I purchased the one from the Amazon link.

I just have it under the board using the larger standoffs.

Thanks
Chris

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019, 1:56 PM Richard Lawn <rjlawn@...> wrote:
Just got my kit yesterday and this post was very helpful. Just ordered it from Amazon.
73
Rick, W2JAZ

Richard Lawn

Oh no! I was afraid of that. There are so many choices and I was most concerned about connector match and size.

--

Jim McConnell

Richard if you have any hobby shops that sell drones near where you live just take your Morserino-32 to the store and you can ask the owner to sell you a battery that will fit.
73
Jim NEØDA

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 12:52 PM Richard Lawn <rjlawn@...> wrote:
Oh no! I was afraid of that. There are so many choices and I was most concerned about connector match and size.

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 2:50 PM Chris Bateson <elitegoodguy@...> wrote:
You're gonna find that the battery doesn't fit under the controller either. I purchased the one from the Amazon link.

I just have it under the board using the larger standoffs.

Thanks
Chris

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019, 1:56 PM Richard Lawn <rjlawn@...> wrote:
Just got my kit yesterday and this post was very helpful. Just ordered it from Amazon.
73
Rick, W2JAZ

--

Richard Lawn

I'm an RC plane pilot and have flown a few small drones, but the hobby shops are getting few and far between these days. I'll see what I get from Amazon and if they fit I'll use them, otherwise keep looking. I'd like to stash it under the ESP unit if possible.
tnx
73
Rick

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 5:25 PM Jim McConnell <kb0scm@...> wrote:
[...]

Dan Romanchik KB6NU <cwgeek@...>

Edited

I found that the battery being sold on Amazon to be a little too big, too. What I did was to attach it underneath the speaker, although if I were to do it again, I'd just mount it to the bottom plate of the enclosure, not the PC board.

btw, instead of using double-sided tape, I used mounting putty. I think that if you ever decide to move or replace the battery, mounting putty will use less residue.

73!

Dan KB6NU
CW Geek, Ham Radio Instructor
Author of the "No Nonsense" amateur radio license study guides
Read my ham radio blog at http://www.kb6nu.com

Hi. All good info but how does one charge the Tattu 600 ma 30C battery? Do I need a separate charger?
tnx
Peter
AA2VG

Willi, OE1WKL

Hi Peter,

No, you don’t need a separate charger. It will be charged through the Morserino’s USB socket - just connect it to a 5V USB charger (any old phone charger will do), and make sure the Morserino is switched ON. It will charge the battery very slowly, with ca 100 mA.

Am 02.06.2019 um 19:25 schrieb Peter AA2VG <Petersdeluca@...>:

Hi. All good info but how does one charge the Tattu 600 ma 30C battery? Do I need a separate charger?
tnx
Peter
AA2VG

Neno

I purchased my Tattu 600mAh 3.7V 30C 1S1P Lipo Battery Pack with Molex Plug (1 pcs/pack) battery from Genspow in Germany.

It works perfectly, charging it trough Morserino.

Neno , 9A3GNG

Frederick Banzer

I tried to order from Genspow in Germany and they don't seem to ship to the US as of today.

I will try Jim's (NE0DA) advice and go to a local hobby shop to see if they have a battery that fits.

Fred K4ZLT

john .s. griffin

On 7 Jun 2019, at 22:54, Frederick Banzer via Groups.Io <oboat442@...> wrote:

I tried to order from Genspow in Germany and they don't seem to ship to the US as of today.

I will try Jim's (NE0DA) advice and go to a local hobby shop to see if they have a battery that fits.

Fred K4ZLT

john .s. griffin

Amazon is your friend! John M0CDL.

On 7 Jun 2019, at 22:54, Frederick Banzer via Groups.Io <oboat442@...> wrote:

I tried to order from Genspow in Germany and they don't seem to ship to the US as of today.

I will try Jim's (NE0DA) advice and go to a local hobby shop to see if they have a battery that fits.

Fred K4ZLT

Jim McConnell

Fred, you can bet the battery on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Tattu-600mAh-3-7V-25C-1S1P-Lipo-Battery-Pack-w-Molex-6-FREE-US-SHIP/332699425789?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144 only one small problem, this offer is for a 6 pack. They sell singles but I'm not sure.

Jim NEØDA

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 4:37 PM Frederick Banzer via Groups.Io <oboat442=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I tried to order from Genspow in Germany and they don't seem to ship to the US as of today.

I will try Jim's (NE0DA) advice and go to a local hobby shop to see if they have a battery that fits.

Fred K4ZLT

Frederick Banzer

Thank you John!

Have you fitted this battery in you Morserino? The mHa are a little different as are the dimensions when I convert to mm.
Does it have the Molex plug? I can not tell by the listing.

73 de K4ZLT
Fred

Frederick Banzer

Thank you Jim!

I think I read somewhere that the 25C style does fit, but I could be wrong.

Have you fitted this battery in your Morserino-2?

73 de K4ZLT
Fred

john .s. griffin

Hi agn Fred yes it has the molex plug, I fitted mine under the bottom board, and used the 12mm stand off screws that come supplied in the kit, sits underneath lovely! The lick I sent is for two batteries and also included a charging lead! 73 John M0CDL.

On 8 Jun 2019, at 14:17, Frederick Banzer via Groups.Io <oboat442@...> wrote:

Thank you Jim!

I think I read somewhere that the 25C style does fit, but I could be wrong.

Have you fitted this battery in your Morserino-2?

73 de K4ZLT
Fred

Jim McConnell

No Fred I am not using that battery. I had a smaller capacity battery laying around from a old drone project that went bad so I used the battery and just scotch taped it under the PCB. If you decide to order a 6 pack I will take 2 of them off your hands and pay the postage to Colorado also. One of the issues I have been running into with the batteries is finding the correct connector.
Jim NEØDA