Topics

Audio input question

Steve G1YBB

Hi,

I am looking at the manual but I am not clear on a couple of points.

The audio input connector, 4 poles.
The audio input signal from a radio on tip and 1st ring,  would that want external speaker level or headphones level?
2nd ring and sleeve can that be used for headphones to listen to the radio also?

Thanks
Steve
G1YBB

Willi, OE1WKL

Steve,

The input level can be within a wide range, as you have a control to adjust it (the blue potentiometer). And headphone level is good enough.

Be aware the the input had to be between tip or 1st ring and 2nd ring as ground (I followed the norm, which would be stereo, therefore 2 pass for the input).

The audio output is not there to listen to the audio input - whatever the Morserino generates will be available as a sinus tone on this output. You can use this for icw or foR modulating an FM radio, for example.

If you want to listen to the radio's output, you can use a headphone splitter to get a second output before you feed it into the Morserino.

Von meinem iPad gesendet