Topics

Audio adjuster „stuck“ - Encoder works

Steven - DL8SE

Hi everybody,

I finally managed to finish building the Morserino - having a (now) 7 month old has taken more adjustment to my Ham radio time than I thought.

Everything seems to be running smoothly and I updated to 2.1 successfully.
The only thing is that I cannot really adjust the audio volume. Once I quickly hit the red button, it shows me the correct screen, albeit a little bit flickering. When I then turn the rotary encoder nothing happens. Once I exit by pressing red, switching between the various modes and settings works without any problem - I seem to have managed the resoldering of the encoder just fine.

Looking on the back, I seem to have soldered everything on the Heltec in correctly. Is there a specific pin that I should check ?

Vy Tnx and 73

Steven

Willi, OE1WKL

Steven,

From your description it seems you entered the „Audio Input Level Adjustment“ screen (reached by a longish press while at teh main menu).

To adjust the audio output level, press the RED button very quickly WHILE you are in on of the modi (e.g. CW Keyer, Echo Trainer, etc). Then the volume bar at the top right of the screen will get inverses, and turning the encoder will change the volume. Quick click of RED again, the output bar will be not inverse, and rotating the encoder will change the speed.

Willi

Am 22.12.2019 um 18:46 schrieb Steven - DL8SE <steven.eltzroth@...>:

[...]

You are correct. Of course!

For some reason I thought it only changed pitch tone and not volume when I pressed red quickly. I still need to train my ears more, I guess. Now I absolutely hear it.

Have a great Christmas and a happy new year!