Topics

Feature Request

Wili,
Please consider adding a new keyer mode.  On the K1EL keyer it is called Straight or Bug mode.  You would process dits the same way, but dahs would be manual.  I.E. you turn the device into a "Bug".  This would allow an external Straight key to be plugged into the dah contact or a true Bug connected to the dah contact.

Aug
AG5AT

Willi, OE1WKL

Aug,

I put it on my to do list.
It is a major change though, as currently I do not support manual keys at all (except for the „Decode“! function). The reason is that the Keyer function „generates“ characters, while with a manual key the device has to „decode“ the characters. Now basically a decode function is already there, but its integration into the keyer, echo trainer and transceiver functions is not trivial.

Willi

Am 13.09.2019 um 20:36 schrieb August Treubig <atreubig@...>:

Wili,
Please consider adding a new keyer mode.  On the K1EL keyer it is called Straight or Bug mode.  You would process dits the same way, but dahs would be manual.  I.E. you turn the device into a "Bug".  This would allow an external Straight key to be plugged into the dah contact or a true Bug connected to the dah contact.

Aug
AG5AT

Thanks, I know it isn’t trivial.

Aug