Topics

Documentation needs updating

Ben Cook

FWIW, I was actually just doing this clone/branch/modify/push/pull request myself this week to try and help make the manual a little more readable. Editing as a hobby is slow going though, so I imagine incremental updates as I go. Would be cool to have others help out with this as well as they have time.

I like that this group has other amateurs that know how to program and are interested in tinkering under the hood. Programming (and GitHub for that matter) are skills that can be continuously improved. Especially if that’s not your main forte. Thank you all for helping me and others in the group learn that.

Ben, N6ELF

On 21 Aug 2019, at 17:52, Max NG7M wrote:

Bruce, this is what github is for, you can make the correction / change or contribute anything you want to the code and or the documentation and see if the author is interested in your contribution.  Clone the repository, make a branch, make your update / contribution and then push your branch up.  Then create a pull request so Willi can review and decide if the change / update is good and he can decide merge it in.  It's not about finding an issue and making a statement, it's about helping contribute and sharing and owning the effort.  You have an opportunity to help make the documentation better.  Take some of the weight off of Willi and do something more than make a statement about what you see as something that someone else needs to do. :)  It's a win / win if you put a little more effort in.

Here is a good tutorial if you are on the verge of replying and saying (I don't know how to do that / use github): https://akrabat.com/the-beginners-guide-to-contributing-to-a-github-project/

So Bruce, if you are passionate about helping fix / correct / clarify the user manual / documentation, then PLEASE PLEASE clone the repository and make the change.  There is no reason Willi is the one that needs to make a change!  This is why github is a beautiful thing! He can approve your contribution and then everyone benefits.

Max NG7M

Max NG7M

[...]

Bruce

I looked at the manual on your GitHub page.

This line in documents should be updated:

Start Menu #1 no mention of Non squeeze but farther down under Using the Modi “CW Keyer” you do mention it.

I thought there was an issue with time out but it appears even though I scrolled to it I must not have hit the

button again so the value was not saved, no time out in this case but back to 5 mins.

I must have had an older version of the manual that I printed out so will print out the latest.