Topics

webserver library #github

Craig T. Bailey

i like the saying..
"you cant BUY this kind of education!"

:)

Chuck Broadwell, W5UXH

Great, glad you got it.  He “hard way” can be aggravating but we learn a lot along the way:)

On Jul 28, 2019, at 1:45 PM, Craig T. Bailey <ctbailey@...> wrote:

Well   I have success!

Craig T. Bailey

Well I have success!

Here's what I learned... the hard way:

Firstly, after you download the Heltec Board information (using the Board Manager in the Arduino IDE,) you must SELECT the board! That was a huge step that I failed to do. Once I selected the Heltec "Wifi LoRA 32(v2)" board, and ran compile, much new operations started to work for me.

Thats whe I started getting the same warnings about duplicate libraries as Chuck was getting.

Turns out, the proper and latest libraries needed for the Heltec board come in with the Board package that gets downloaded and installed into the IDE.

So, I started cleaning out the custom library folder, and I am left with only the following libraries needed (because the rest are buried in the Heltec files):
ClickButton
LoRA
OLED

So, I went back to Windows7,
Again, the rest of them are buried at C:\users\<user>\AppData\Local\Arduino15\pacakges\Heltec-esp32\hardware\esp32\0.0.2-rc1

I'll upload a zip of these necessary "custom" libraries if possible.

And I too saw the Pin21 issue, and commented it out.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to upload the .bin file to the unit!

***Willi - I notice the .bin file that I compiled during the "export" process is named "morse_3_v1.4.ino.wifi_lora_32_V2.bin"

I assume that the boot sector is looking for the file name you supplied?

Thanks guys

Chuck Broadwell, W5UXH

On Jul 28, 2019, at 10:41 AM, Craig T. Bailey <ctbailey@...> wrote:

I've tried looking for the original source files of the WebServer.h library, but just can't find it on github.

Craig:

These are the “properties” of the WebServer from Willi’s libraries that I used.  I used all of his except the WiFi which gave me errors similar to what you are getting from your WebServer library.  Sorry I do not know enough to help, I am stumbling along blindly.

name=WebServer
version=1.0
author=Ivan Grokhotkov
maintainer=Ivan Grokhtkov <ivan@...>
sentence=Simple web server library
paragraph=The library supports HTTP GET and POST requests, provides argument parsing, handles one client at a time.
category=Communication
url=
architectures=esp32

Craig T. Bailey

Yep! Thanks Chuck... Like I mentioned yesterday via email, I was planning on trying it again in MacOS.

As I'm finding, still no joy.

I think the method I'm using to install the WebServer.h library is at fault. Although all the documentation says just to expand the zip file and copy the library files into the \library folder.

It doesn't seem to be an OS issue. I've tried moving everything into the \applications folder on the MacOS, thinking maybe the path was getting too long if I was riding all my libraries in my Dropbox folder. That wasn't it.

I've tried looking for the original source files of the WebServer.h library, but just can't find it on github.

My next step is to pull Willi's WebServer library into it's own zip file, and try the Arduino Library zip-file installation method. I'll report back my findings.

Chuck Broadwell, W5UXH

On Jul 28, 2019, at 10:10 AM, Willi, OE1WKL <willi@...> wrote:

Well, Chuck sent me his binary and it seems to be ok. Have not tested everything yet, especially not the WiFi functions - will do this tomorrow.

Willi, glad to hear my binary at least does not blow up.  It will be interesting to see if WiFi works since that was the library difference between your build and mine.  I had communicated with Craig earlier offline, since I did not know what I was doing, and just now sent him a link to the zip of my current archive of the libraries and sketch.  I use MacOS also.

Good luck Craig!

Chuck

Willi, OE1WKL

Hi,

Chuck, W5UXH, sent me the following remarks about compiling this thing:

"I have used your V.[1.]4 software, and managed to get an error free compile in Arduino 1.8.9.  I used all of your libraries except the WiFi library.  It produced a lot of errors of this type:

/Users/chuck/GoogleBackupFolder/Arduino/Sketches/libraries/WiFi/src/WiFiServer.h:40:5:error: invalid abstract return type 'WiFiClient'

/Users/chuck/GoogleBackupFolder/Arduino/Sketches/libraries/WiFi/src/WiFiServer.h:41:5:error: invalid abstract return type 'WiFiClient'

WiFiClient accept(){return available();}

/Users/chuck/GoogleBackupFolder/Arduino/Sketches/libraries/WiFi/src/WiFiServer.h:41:16: error: invalid abstract return type for member function 'WiFiClient WiFiServer::accept()'

WiFiClient accept(){return available();}

Once I removed the library that came in your zip file, this is the one that the IDE used and the errors were eliminated:

Using library WiFi at version 1.0 in folder: /Users/chuck/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp32/hardware/esp32/1.0.2/libraries/WiFi

I also had to comment out the declaration of Vext = 21 which apparently is now declared in the package:

/Users/chuck/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp32/hardware/esp32/1.0.2/variants/heltec_wifi_lora_32/pins_arduino.h:65:22: note: previous declaration as 'const uint8_t Vext'

static const uint8_t Vext = 21;

I think these were the only changes I had to make to accomplish an error free compile, but I suspect that does not prove that I have a functional binary file."

Well, Chuck sent me his binary and it seems to be ok. Have not tested everything yet, especially not the WiFi functions - will do this tomorrow.
Maybe his remarks help you with the compilation!

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

Am 28.07.2019 um 17:58 schrieb Craig T. Bailey <ctbailey@...>:

OK, Day two of beating on this thing.   LOL

My windows 7 box was "blocking" some of library files, and after trying for a day to "Unblock" multiple files using PowerShell, I finally gave up.  I moved to the MacBook and have set my Arduino IDE up on the Mac.

A fresh download of the libraries, and the compiler still fails on "WebServer.h" library.

I deleted the library from Willi's upload, and pulled down the latest "WebServer" library from git hub: https://github.com/espressif/arduino-esp32 and the darn thing STILL WONT compile.

the error is the same:

/Users/mydropbox/Dropbox (Personal)/HamRadio/Ardunio Projects/libraries/WebServer/src/WebServer.h:27:22: fatal error: functional: No such file or directory
#include <functional>

is the call for the <functional> the problem?  Because obviously the WebServer library is available.

Craig T. Bailey

[...]

Hi everyone,

I've been working on this for about a day now., I've got my Ardunio IDE totally setup with all the libraries from Willi's files that he added to the wiki on the groups.io page.

But the "webserver" library is causing a fatal error during the compile operation of the source code.

The error that the compiler is puking out is this::

_________
\Arduino\\libraries\\WebServer\\src" "C:\\Users\\Craig\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_441441\\sketch\\morse_3_v1.4.ino.cpp" -o nul
In file included from C:\Users\Craig\Documents\MorserinoSRC\Morserino-32-master\Software\src\morse_3_v1.4\morse_3_v1.4.ino:56:0:

C:\Users\Craig\Documents\Arduino\libraries\WebServer\src/WebServer.h:27:22: fatal error: functional: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\Wire
Using library OLED at version 4.0.1 in folder: C:\Users\Craig\Documents\Arduino\libraries\OLED
Using library ClickButton in folder: C:\Users\Craig\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ClickButton (legacy)
Using library Preferences at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Craig\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Preferences
Using library SPI at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SPI
Using library LoRa at version 0.3.0 in folder: C:\Users\Craig\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LoRa
Using library WiFi at version 1.2.7 in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\WiFi
Using library WebServer at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Craig\Documents\Arduino\libraries\WebServer
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

I've used the Webserver library provided by Willi, and I have tried a different Webserver library foudn on github.

Has anyone seen these kinds of errors, and any guidance on how to get around them?
I'm looking forward to compiling the newest Morserino, and taking a swipe at adding the US States as an optional set of items to send...

but can't get the thing to compile.

Thanks in advance.

Craig
N1SFT