From: "Willi, OE1WKL" <willi@...>
Date: 6/16/19 1:31 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: morserino@groups.io
Subject: Re: [morserino] Battery

But the kit comes with a Molex cable, not a JST. You can use JST batteries, but then you have to supply your own connecting cable for the battery!

But the kit comes with a Molex cable, not a JST. You can use JST batteries, but then you have to supply your own connecting cable for the battery!

rogerc2288

Check out adafruit.com for batteries with the proper JST connector.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Matthew .

I got theses, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MQ5NNHR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
they fit under the microcontroller. I did not see a single pack. Cheap enough anyway, hihi.

Also these connectors, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072B66P5C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

73
Matt
N2IDW

David Wilcox

TATTU 6pcs 3.7V 600mAh LiPo Battery Pack 25C 1S with Molex Plug Compatible with Syma X5 X5C X5SW X5SC-1 CX-3W CX-31 M68 M68R UDI U45 Beginners X708W Wi-Fi FPV Training RC Quadcopter

On Jun 15, 2019, at 3:49 PM, jhinton1068@... wrote:

Hello David. Regarding the use of a battery pack, what type of batteries, voltage and wiring configuration do you use? Thanks. John Hinton. N2JH.

jack1068

Hello David. Regarding the use of a battery pack, what type of batteries, voltage and wiring configuration do you use? Thanks. John Hinton. N2JH.

Hiroyasu Wakamatsu

You may want to check out LiFePO4 batteries. They are much safer (physically and chemically). They are much pricier than LiPo and you do need a proper charger, though. Form factor may be a problem also. Hyperion is one of the companies sells those.

On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 5:50 AM, David Wilcox via Groups.Io
<Djwilcox01@...> wrote:
You can make up your own battery pack using any type of batteries you feel safe with.  Just cut the connector off one of the Tattu batteries so it will connect to your Morserino.  With a battery pack I can use my Morserino in my car sending random words driving down the road.  Works great and after a while raising the speed to 30 WPM or more words start to pop out rather than just letters and numbers.  Great little machine.

David J. Wilcox K8WPE’s iPad

On Jun 15, 2019, at 1:49 AM, Willi, OE1WKL <willi@...> wrote:

Just forget the LiPo battery and power it through the USB connector with any 5V power supply, if Lipos scare you....

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

Am 15.06.2019 um 02:19 schrieb jhinton1068@...:

Is there no other alternative to power this device besides the LiPo batteries? These things scare the hell out of me! Check out the videos on YouTube which show the catastrophic fires/explosions when these things fail.There is a reason they are not allowed on an airplane. I bought a 6 pack of these batteries, I am paranoid about having them in my house.

David Wilcox

[...]

Willi, OE1WKL

[...]

Matthew Pullan

Please exercise caution when clicking links in posts to the group. The Morserino-32 group is not responsible for external content.
        73 de OE6FEG
               Matt