Re: Line In/Out Pinout to Mac

Ben Cook

Final solution to get the audio out from the Morserino to my mac was to buy a $9 USB TRRS audio input on Amazon and that worked first try! Here’s a link to what I bought in case anyone else needs the same: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RS11M1T/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_4vVBDbN8DSAS3

That now coupled with the Loopback program for the Mac is awesome for my CWA course starting this week! I can get the headset to work for mic and audio out and mix that with the cw audio from the Morserino.

Thanks for all the help and patience folks!
73, Ben N6ELF

On 29 Aug 2019, at 1:23, Birk [DB3DE] wrote:

@Ben:

What I did:
After figuring out that my phone is alway leaving the internal microphone on (and not turning to "external" microphone aka morserino) I connected an normal phone headset which ... surprisingly worked. Then I measured the resistance of the microphone and put in a resistor for mimicking that.
Don't know about the sound quality though.

If your MacBook also has to decide if there is an external microphone connected or not and you are not receiving anything I guess its worth a try...
Maybe you can doublecheck in the sound setting the changes of connecting normal headphones vs. connecting a headset. If there are automatic changes there I guess you found your problem.

73, Birk