Re: Line In/Out Pinout to Mac

Juergen Wagner

Hello Birk and Ben,
when i understood it right Ben, u wrote that u couldn't "detect" any audio at the TRRS contacts, so that
we have two different reasons: no audio from Morserino and - there is audio, but the Apple do not "receive"
it. or do i see it wrong ?
73
Juergen

Am 28.08.2019 um 19:25 schrieb Ben Cook:

Hi Birk,

I’ll have to give that a try as well. I’m not using my phone, but trying to get the keyer to send the audio into my 2015 MacBook Pro. It does detect the Morseino as a headphone device for output, but doesn’t show up as an input device at all. So maybe the resistor fix you did will help with that piece. Will let you know if that works for me.

73, Ben, N6ELF

On 28 Aug 2019, at 11:16, Birk [DB3DE] wrote:

Hi Ben,

when I was trying to connect my Morserino to my phone for using iCW (using a normal 4 to 4 cable) I realized the phone is not recognizing the morserino as a microphone device. As it turned out the resistance  is too high. Soldering a 1kOhm at the plug (between P1 and P4) solved the problem.
Maybe its the same for you...

73, Birk [DB3DE]