Re: Line In/Out Pinout to Mac

Juergen Wagner

Hello Ben,
in your information i can't see: do u hve checked with earphone / scope or other device
that there is the keyed audio at the sleeve ? My first idea is that there is no audio there !
73
Juergen
DL4KE

Am 28.08.2019 um 16:23 schrieb Ben Cook:

Good morning! Trying to figure out why the TRRS pinout from the Morserino to a Mac input doesn't work. Looking at the manual and then looking at the Mac's pinout, it seems like this should work with a straight through TRRS male-male cable. I learned today this appears to be the CTIA standard.

apple pin purpose morseino pin purpose
tip left audio tip line in
ring 1 right audio ring 1 line in
ring 2 ground ring 2 ground
sleeve mic/in sleeve line out

Yet when I plug the Morserino into my mac and go to the CW Keyer, I see no audio coming into the mac. When I go to the iCW function on the Morserino, I see no audio coming into the mac. I'm missing something here, but not sure what if anything to splice in the cable to make this work. Some additional insight appreciated.

Ben, N6ELF