Re: Direct Audio into the Mac

Ben Cook

That’s pretty cool. I’m starting a CWA session here in a couple weeks and this would be very useful. I do have a Mac program called Audio Hijack from Rogue Ameba which *might* let me pipe the audio in from the built in mic port and a headset into the Zoom conference. I’ll have to give that a try tonight. Else any other details how you accomplished this with your usb mixer?

--
  Ben Cook
  ben@...

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019, at 05:49, Chuck Broadwell, W5UXH wrote:
On Sun, Aug 4, 2019 at 12:15 PM, Craig T. Bailey wrote:

I suppose this is also precisely what the Mumble app needs as well.
Correct.  Mumble is full duplex so many newcomers to it have problems with the open mic and a speaker.  Turning off the speaker and using headphones makes it usable, but it is far nicer to have a sound card input.  I do not participate in CW training sessions, but still occasionally need to use a mic with newcomers.  On the Mac, a very nice tool is available (unfortunately it costs the same as the M32).  It is LOOPBACK2 from Rogue Amoeba.  It allows you to create virtual audio devices for mixing and pipelining audio between various apps.  I have one virtual device that combines my external sidetone input with the webcam mic when I need to add "voice".  It is also very handy for playing recordings back to someone over Mumble.  I just select the my virtual device that mixes the Audacity output with my input sidetone to select as the input device to Mumble.