Re: webserver library #github

Willi, OE1WKL

Hi,

Chuck, W5UXH, sent me the following remarks about compiling this thing:

"I have used your V.[1.]4 software, and managed to get an error free compile in Arduino 1.8.9.  I used all of your libraries except the WiFi library.  It produced a lot of errors of this type:

/Users/chuck/GoogleBackupFolder/Arduino/Sketches/libraries/WiFi/src/WiFiServer.h:40:5:error: invalid abstract return type 'WiFiClient'

/Users/chuck/GoogleBackupFolder/Arduino/Sketches/libraries/WiFi/src/WiFiServer.h:41:5:error: invalid abstract return type 'WiFiClient'

WiFiClient accept(){return available();}

/Users/chuck/GoogleBackupFolder/Arduino/Sketches/libraries/WiFi/src/WiFiServer.h:41:16: error: invalid abstract return type for member function 'WiFiClient WiFiServer::accept()'

WiFiClient accept(){return available();}

Once I removed the library that came in your zip file, this is the one that the IDE used and the errors were eliminated:

Using library WiFi at version 1.0 in folder: /Users/chuck/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp32/hardware/esp32/1.0.2/libraries/WiFi

I also had to comment out the declaration of Vext = 21 which apparently is now declared in the package:

/Users/chuck/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp32/hardware/esp32/1.0.2/variants/heltec_wifi_lora_32/pins_arduino.h:65:22: note: previous declaration as 'const uint8_t Vext'

static const uint8_t Vext = 21;

I think these were the only changes I had to make to accomplish an error free compile, but I suspect that does not prove that I have a functional binary file."

Well, Chuck sent me his binary and it seems to be ok. Have not tested everything yet, especially not the WiFi functions - will do this tomorrow.
Maybe his remarks help you with the compilation!

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

Am 28.07.2019 um 17:58 schrieb Craig T. Bailey <ctbailey@...>:

OK, Day two of beating on this thing.   LOL

My windows 7 box was "blocking" some of library files, and after trying for a day to "Unblock" multiple files using PowerShell, I finally gave up.  I moved to the MacBook and have set my Arduino IDE up on the Mac.

A fresh download of the libraries, and the compiler still fails on "WebServer.h" library.

I deleted the library from Willi's upload, and pulled down the latest "WebServer" library from git hub: https://github.com/espressif/arduino-esp32 and the darn thing STILL WONT compile.

the error is the same:

/Users/mydropbox/Dropbox (Personal)/HamRadio/Ardunio Projects/libraries/WebServer/src/WebServer.h:27:22: fatal error: functional: No such file or directory
#include <functional>

is the call for the <functional> the problem?  Because obviously the WebServer library is available.