#reflections on #evomc21 Week 4 with some examples of using Minecraft with students #evomc21 #reflections

Vance Stevens

Hi all,

It's taken a while for me to assemble my reflection on Week 4 of EVOMC21, but I've put a post together showing highlights and my impressions up through Feb 9. I included the 9th because though the week ended with Rose Bard's taking us through MineAcademy English Club, I thought Jamie Harrison's son Finch's tutorial on redstone basics two days later should be included as an example of how #Minecraft can engage students in ways I describe in my post here
https://learning2gether.net/2021/02/09/week-4-in-evo-minecraft-mooc-highlights-networking-with-and-learning-from-students-and-peers/

I'm still crafting in my head my Week 5 reflection, but I hope to get around to that shortly.

The reflections above include video material from our LIve Sessions archived here
http://missions4evomc.pbworks.com/w/page/142133859/2021_Live_Events

While on that page please note the reminders at the top of the page to
If you're a moderator you can leave you reflections on a separate Flipgrid here: https://flipgrid.com/75f54086

If you participated and appreciate what we have done here it would be very kind of you to take the short survey and leave us a few minute's message on the flipgrid; it's pretty much press record and go for it. Instructions are at the flipgrid links.

This has been one of (if not) the most documented EVO Minecraft MOOC sessions ever.
In addition to the videos of the live events, over two dozen videos were prepared in advance of this year's EVOMC21 here
http://missions4evomc.pbworks.com/w/page/142108218/Video_Tutorials

And people are still posting to our FB and Discord pages, and even meeting online in Minecraft in case you'd like to join us.

I'll let you know when my Week 5 reflection is ready, and if you'd like to make one yourself, or have posted some already, if you could post their existence on Twitter using our #evomc21 tag then your posts will be immortalized forever, however many days or hours that converts to in Internet time nowadays.

At least we'll be able to pick it up in this list, https://twitter.com/search?q=%23evomc21&src=typeahead_click&f=live

Hope to catch up with you soon in one or more of the above spaces,

Teacher Vance