Topics

Live Session 07/02 at 1400 UTC Sharing MineAcademy English Club with EVOMC

ROSEMERE DAMASIO BARD

Hi, dear EVOMC participants and co-Mods! 🙃

📣I'd like to invite you to a live session tomorrow in ZOOM! I look forward to meeting you live tomorrow.

Session description:
If students can learn English in a physical classroom with limited concrete resources, why wouldn't they develop their communicative skills if class could happen inside in immersive ludic environment? Minecraft provides concrete experiences and meaningful opportunities to learn and practice the language. In MineAcademy English Club the official language is English and projects are negotiated and agency is promoted.
I'd love to share with EVOMC community how MineAcademy started, give an overview of the pedagogical frameworks I've created for language learning and managing project-based learning and discuss managing students in-game.
Time: Feb 7, 2021 02:00 PM Universal Time UTC
Timezone event announcer: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html...
Where: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86724359048...
Meeting ID: 867 2435 9048
Passcode: 940689

JamieH

Thank you for doing this! I plan to be there and am looking forward to learning from you.

Jamie

From: minecraftmooc@groups.io <minecraftmooc@groups.io> on behalf of ROSEMERE DAMASIO BARD <rosebard@...>
Date: Saturday, February 6, 2021 at 9:40 AM
To: minecraftmooc@groups.io <minecraftmooc@groups.io>
Subject: [minecraftmooc] Live Session 07/02 at 1400 UTC Sharing MineAcademy English Club with EVOMC

[...]

Vance Stevens

Thanks Rose,

Sounds very interesting and I'll be sure to be there.

I've updated the wiki at this link and will ensure that any further information is updated there.
http://missions4evomc.pbworks.com/w/page/142133859/2021_Live_Events#Sun07Feb1400UTCMineAcademyEnglishClubBardRosehosting

Thanks for arranging this,

Vance

ROSEMERE DAMASIO BARD

😁 Thanks JamieH and Vance for attending it.

👍 Thanks for those who were able to attend, contribute to the discussions and for the feedback. I'll write a post on my blog soon.

🎯 MineAcademy Club especially designed for teachers coming soon! It will be space for teachers to develop their game and pedagogical skills in a structured environment, much like MineAcademy club for kids and be able to co-create lessons with other teachers and try it out like I did in a safe environment with a few students. More news on how to participate in this project for teachers in couple of weeks.

➡️ Here is the link to the recording.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOsxn1lQDaw

Feel free to send me a feedback or ask further questions.