Topics

EVO2021 begins with an opening ceremony in Zoom on Sunday Jan 10 1400 UTC #Announcement #evomc21

Vance Stevens

Sun 10 Jan 1400 UTC - EVO plenary kickoff in Zoom

In Zoom https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZItfu6gqzMoG9xWVH-w1JTo9FsvscdihdOz

Time where you are:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=EVO21+Kickoff&iso=20210110T09&p1=250&ah=1&am=30

Slides (a work in progress)
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1rbwr2Bal1t4zSGeEE_4wuFHtQUdkWDVbqnBXnzMM-K0/edit?usp=sharing

More information,

http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32204849/FrontPage#Sun10Jan1400UTCEVOplenarykickoffinZoom

All #EVO2021 moderators and participants are welcome.

Please note that for #EVOMC21 participants there is a BBQ at Dak's place on the EVO Minecraft MOOC server coinciding with the start of this event at 1400 UTC but extending for an hour after the EVO session ends (or we slip out early, see you there 🙂.)

More information here: http://missions4evomc.pbworks.com/w/page/142133859/2021_Live_Events#Sun10Jan14001600UTCEVOMC21presessionKickoffampBBQ

Tilly Harrison

Hi Vance and all the EVO Minecraft folks,
I hope to join you for some sessions - I logged in to the opening ceremony early but about 20 minutes in my network crashed and then I couldn't get back in as it had reached the limit of 100 people. I tried a couple of times but still no luck.
Anyway I need to get my head round the right 'spaces' to be for the MOOC. I'm sure it's all clear somewhere but it's not in my head yet!!
thanks for running this again,
Best wishes,
Tilly

[...]

Hi Tilly,

Glad you came by the EVO event. The real fun was at 1500 UTC on the evomc21 server. MrMikeGR was there (aka Mike Kenteris). He is also a brave newcomer. I made a video. I'll post it tomorrow.  Heading for bed now.

If anyone has any questions this is the place to get them answered (during Malaysia waking hours of course).

Teacher Vance

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 10:37 PM Tilly Harrison <tilly.harrison@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Vance,
I realised you might be on Minecraft so I tried to get in but didn't know which version you were on or how to get to the server (it's probably plain as day somewhere but I didn't know). I logged in to Discord but didn't know where to find you.
However I re-acquainted myself with my survival game of last year and had fun re-learning how to kill spiders and avoid zombies!!
See you tomorrow,
Cheers
[...]

That's great Tilly,

I hope it's plain as day once you know where to look.

In the proposal it says to see http://missions4evomc.pbworks.com/ for more information

At that wiki it says

What are your first steps to join us in Minecraft?

Learn how we communicate with each other

That last step is what you are doing now, and its purpose is to get you pointed in the right direction.

The other links should work in this message but if they don't they are on the front page of the wiki. The one that says Connect with our 2021 Server should tell you that we are running 1.16.4 and it explains how you configure your Minecraft client to reach it.

should give you the information you need to reach us there.

If you are planning to join us today you only really need Zoom. We're just going to explain who we are and all of the above (or show you where to find the information). How to join the session today Jan 11 at 1400 UTC can be found here

There's also a sidebar on our wiki page where there are links to just about everything you want to know, including the above. There's a lot of noise there but as any ham radio operator knows, tune it just right and you'll find the signal you're looking for.

And for any further questions, just write us here.

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 5:10 AM Tilly Harrison <tilly.harrison@...> wrote:
[...]

Hi all,

The Electronic Village Online events in which some of us participated have been blogged here,
https://learning2gether.net/2021/01/10/electronic-village-online-opening-kickoff-and-evo-minecraft-mooc-pre-session-server-party/

On this page you'll find video from both the #EVO2021 Opening Kickoff and the EVO Minecraft MOOC #evomc21 server party that followed close on its heels - with other online artifacts from the events and descriptive show notes. Enjoy.

Teacher Vance