EVO Minecraft MOOC 2021 begins with an opening kickoff in Zoom and Minecraft on Monday Jan 11 1400 UTC #Announcement #LiveEvents #evomc21

Vance Stevens

Hi everyone,

We are using this Groups.io list as a kind back channel this time around because EVOMC21 plans to operate in 2021 mostly on the EVO MC Server and in Discord. In order to learn how to play Minecraft you have to get in the game and play with us. Moderators and other players can help make your experience pleasant and constructive.

Discord is an app which allows us to use voice while playing in Minecraft. It does much else besides, but it's easier to learn with us if we can talk to one another in while in Minecraft (as opposed to using only text).

Teacher Vance, lead moderator of EVO Minecraft MOOC since 2015, will be here in groups.io to take your questions if you need help getting into those two spaces or have any other concerns.

You can find out a bit about me at https://learning2gether.net. When you reply here, please introduce yourself to the group and tell us a little about yourself.

I posted about the EVO Opening ceremony in a previous post. We are a part of EVO. You can find out more at http://evosession.pbworks.com or come to the Zoom meeting on Sun Jan 10 at  1400 UTC. There you'll hear from all the EVO moderators present, and from any participants who wish to speak or ask questions.

You can find out about all the EVOMC21 events that I know about, including the one on Sun Jun 10, at our live events page. After these events take place, they will be archived here as well:
http://missions4evomc.pbworks.com/w/page/142133859/2021_Live_Events

You will see there that EVO Minecraft MOOC kicks off in Zoom on Mon Jan 11 at 1400 UTC. At all the listings on that page you can see a link giving the time of the event wherever you are, what it's about, and information you need to join the event. To join the one on Jan 11 visit
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZctf-6trzMsG9P-x_QmNvhSeIyuIPxGK4vp

We'll try to overview the session and explain the resources available at our portal page http://missions4evomc.pbworks.com/. We hope we've explained there what you need to do to join us, but if you have any questions, you can ask them at that meeting. Jane, Bobbi Bear, and I will also go into Minecraft and share our screens in Zoom to give you an idea of what life is like on our friendly server.

EVO Moderators come from all over the world so we're in different time zones. We need to find out from you, if you're planning to join us in MC, what times you can be there so we can be there too. When we start to get a sense of that and who needs help, we'll add more events to try to accommodate your schedules. I'm in Penang, Malaysia, so I'll be scheduling events at around the time of the two scheduled, or earlier, since those times are pushing my bedtime. But we have others who will be available half a world away from me.

In the lead-up to our session I've been making videos of trips Bobbi Bear and I have been making around the server.
http://missions4evomc.pbworks.com/w/page/142108218/Video_Tutorials

You can have a look at those, and if you want to learn to do what's in those videos, we can meet up and get you started.

Hope to hear from you soon and meet you at our opening meetings and on our server this EVO season.

Teacher Vance

Vance Stevens

Edited

In case the Zoom room gets overcrowded, will plan to live-stream the event tonight on https://www.facebook.com/groups/evomc

Vance Stevens

Hi everyone,

The archive for the EVO Minecraft MOOC kickoff event Jan 11 has been blogged here, https://learning2gether.net/2021/01/11/176472421/

On this page you'll find YouTube video and audio-only from the Zoom session, and also the replay from the FB stream, which may not be viewable now, but I'll fix it later (you should be able to see it on the #evomc21 Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/groups/evomc, which takes you to its direct link here, https://www.facebook.com/vance.stevens.3/videos/10158846255149719).

There are also FB and Zoom chat logs, with questions asked in the Zoom text chat answered here.

This was also Learning2gether episode 505. All were welcome to attend, but anyone who missed it should be able to get a sense of what happened from there artifacts posted here.