EVO2020 wrap up and BIG THANKS to our VERY ACTIVE moderators and participants!! #evomc20 #LiveEvents

Vance Stevens

Dear all,

Those of us who have been active this year in EVO Minecraft MOOC have had a very stimulating and rewarding session. All of us have been learning continually and there is always more to learn. Some of us have been learning to come to grips with Minecraft, others have been pursuing the seemingly infinite depth of the game for our own enjoyment and to try and better understand how we can leverage that in our classrooms with out own students who also seem to enjoy playing, and learning through Minecraft.

I want to especially thank our moderators who day after day for the past 5 weeks have been meeting at consistent times in world. Jane and Olivetree's recurring 1300 and 1800  events on our classic 1.12.2 server, faithfully maintained by Aaron, and the 1930 UTC time spots at Halliwell thanks to Dak and Carol have been kept throughout the EVO session, a first for us this year to have so many sessons, as can be seen at our live events archive here
http://missions4evomc.pbworks.com/w/page/134715012/2020_Live_Events

These sessions have attracted a number of participants, not many as in other EVO sessions, but we hope that over the next few weeks we can tease out the recollections of those who have attended. Tilly for example has been keeping notes, and Olivetree mentioned last night that she was working on a record, and Bobbi Bear and I plan when we finally get a bit of respite back in Penang to get some of the pictures posted in Discord and FB and from our own computers into our archives at the link above. If any others have pictures you want to share, please post them to one of those places.

Our upcoming events also mentions this one
http://missions4evomc.pbworks.com/w/page/134715012/2020_Live_Events#SunFeb161400UTCWrapupandclosingceremonyofEVO2020

That's for the event just recently annouced from the EVO Coordinators regarding the upcoming official closing ceremony of EVO 2020 this coming Sunday at 1400 UTC.

I'll sign off on this email now, but annoucement is pasted below (and the essential details are at the link above)

Hope to see you in Zoom Sun Feb 16 1400 UTC

best,
Vance

Dear Members of EVO20,

You're invited to join our wrap up of EVO20 sessions.

Please check your timezone for the exact time: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Wrap+Up+EVO20&iso=20200216T14&p1=1440&ah=1

Topic: Wrap Up of EVO20 Sessions
Time: Feb 16, 2020 02:00 PM Universal Time UTC

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 210 143 084

One tap mobile
+16468769923,,210143084# US (New York)
+16699006833,,210143084# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 210 143 084

Hope to see you at the live online meeting.
EVO20 Coordinating Team