Topics

USB Sleep condition

Phil Cooper <pcooper@...>

Hi again jon and the group...........

I have just been to the shack and written down the steps needed to keep
power to the USB ports.

So, here are the steps:
Click on Start
then Control Panel
Click "Hardware & Sounds"
then Power Options
then "Change power-saving settings"

Use HIGH PERFORMANCE, and click on CHANGE PLAN SETTINGS
Turn off display - NEVER!
Put computer to sleep - NEVER!
Then click on "Change advanced power settings"

In the tree, look for USB settings, and click on the + sign
It opens USB Selective suspend settings, click the + again
That opens to show SETTING, click on the (blue writing) ENABLED and change
it to DISABLED

That will keep power to your USB ports all the time, and saves a lot of
grief!

Hope that helps!

73 de Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100120-1, 20/01/2010
Tested on: 20/01/2010 21:55:41

W4ABC - Jon Pearl

I was typing up the first email when you responded with this one.

I think we've got it nailed. I'll give it a few hours and see what comes of it.

73,

Jon

[...]

Pete Smith <n4zr@...>

What OS, Phil?