Re: Sleep condition

Phil Cooper <pcooper@...>

Hi Jon,

I think I know the answer to this one! I have just bought a new Win7 PC and
a MKII, and had similar problems.
The answer is to go into your POWER SETTINGS, select the option that uses
more power, and then advanced options.
You should get a tree like structure open in a window, so navigate down to
where it says USB Ports, and then open that branch, and choose DISABLED.
I found that my USB ports were going to sleep, so I was losing my wi-fi
connection, my USB external HDD, and also the MH router.

If you can't find it, drop me a personal email to pcooper (at) guernsey.net
and I will go into the shack, write down all the steps and email them back
to you.
I only discovered this by chance, after I had gone into the device manager
and unticked all the boxes against each USB port to say DO NOT LET WINDOWS
PUT THIS TO SLEEP.
Unticking those boxes doesn't appear to last, as I found out, and it was a
chance conversation with another Win7 user that lead me to the above action.

As I am still finding out things about Win7, I can't remember all the steps
involved, but drop me an email if you can't find the window I am on about.

73 de Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100120-1, 20/01/2010
Tested on: 20/01/2010 20:28:17

Join microHAM@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.