Kurdish-populated Oshnavieh city in North-West Iran is under control of protesters.

Michael Pugliese

These video clips and reports ,
https://twitter.com/search?q=Oshnavieh&src=typed_query and
https://twitter.com/search?q=Oshnavieh&src=typed_query&f=live ,
started about 18 hours ago
https://twitter.com/Faytuks/status/1573455503828598784?s=20&t=lvI-UKtYj_qhf6v6lXlILg
, https://twitter.com/ranarahimpour/status/1573464443891089425. In
Iran’s West Azerbaijan province ,
https://twitter.com/HabibKhanT/status/1573479808381624321 .

"The small Kurdish city of Oshnavieh reportedly fell to protesters (
https://twitter.com/kurdikermashani/status/1573448166690947072 ,
embedded hyperlink)
when local security forces retreated after days of intense fighting,
the editor of a Kurdish news site said.

“Since last night, Oshnavieh has been governed by the people,” a
Kurdish official, Hussein Yazdanpana, said in an interview, adding
that women had thrown off their mandatory head scarves in celebration.

“The liberation has far-reaching consequences for other cities,” he
said, describing the town as a gateway to other Kurdish areas of
Iran..." Via https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/24/world/middleeast/iran-protests.html
. More @ https://www.google.com/search?q=oshnavieh+news&sxsrf=ALiCzsabj3Ve5-Nedo1EJWx_0VWYO-VE1Q:1664036074624&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:h&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj78_u46a36AhWLLEQIHbIeBAIQpwV6BAgCEBU&biw=1440&bih=761&dpr=1
, for Google search results within the last hour.

Also known in Kurdish as Shno ,
https://twitter.com/hashtag/Shno?src=hashtag_click , reportedly the
IRGC base in this city of 40,000 was attacked, possibly burned down.

Michael Pugliese

Michael Pugliese

Re : reportedly the IRGC base in this city of 40,000 was attacked,
possibly burned down.

Via Visual Investigations @nytimes , Twitter account of @heytherehaley
, in the thread here,
https://twitter.com/heytherehaley/status/1573709409330528257?s=20&t=4K8UHIbzivTnvlRi3r7AZw
, @heytherehaley posted 11m(inutes ago)
"I've seen at least one of these videos misidentified as showing
burning at an IRGC base, but we've confirmed it's the same area near
Sepah Bank and Refah Bank Kargaran. (I did see another video claiming
to show the IRGC base burning and have so far been unable to verify
it.)"

This reportedly is video of a bank burning there,
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci3V6WlPd7m/ , via
https://twitter.com/heytherehaley/status/1573709481996947457?s=20&t=4K8UHIbzivTnvlRi3r7AZw
.