A Compassionate Spy

Glenn Kissack

Dave, I’m very much looking forward to seeing A Compassionate Spy. The trailer is fascinating. When do you think it will be showing in NYC?

Dave Lindorff
producer of "A Compassionate Spy", a Steve James directed Participant Film about Ted Hall, youngest physicist at Los Alamos and youngest Soviet atomic spy, who at 19 gave the Soviet Union detailed schematics and other information about the implosion system for the Plutonium bomb, to prevent a US monopoly on the bomb after the war. Here's a trailer for the film from its world premiers Sept. 2 at the Venice Film Festival:
Here FYI is a video of the only trailer of the film, which was used at the Venice Festival:

Dave Lindorff

I think it is going to be in a smaller documentary festival called something like DNY but when I know.more I will alert the list. It is being shown as the opening film of the Chicago Festival on Oct. 12 at 7 pm. I hope folks on the Marxmail list in that area can make it.  We need a full house like we had at the Lido in Venice and at four showings at Telluride to convince a distributor to buy the rights to release it to the public. We are hoping for a screening channel. It is a powerful anti nuclear, anti hegemonic perialist film about a courageous teen physicist who acted pm his conscience and likely saved the world and especially the Rußsian and Eastern European people from a UD nuclear Holocaust I'm 1951-2 by helping the Soviets get their bb I'm just four years after Nagasaki.

On Sun, Oct 2, 2022, 8:59 PM Glenn Kissack via groups.io <gkissack=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dave, I’m very much looking forward to seeing A Compassionate Spy. The trailer is fascinating. When do you think it will be showing in NYC?

Dave Lindorff
producer of "A Compassionate Spy", a Steve James directed Participant Film about Ted Hall, youngest physicist at Los Alamos and youngest Soviet atomic spy, who at 19 gave the Soviet Union detailed schematics and other information about the implosion system for the Plutonium bomb, to prevent a US monopoly on the bomb after the war. Here's a trailer for the film from its world premiers Sept. 2 at the Venice Film Festival:
Here FYI is a video of the only trailer of the film, which was used at the Venice Festival:

Charlie

Joan Hall's memoir has an authentic tone. She seems more to the left, at least in their old age, than Ted. Notable that she makes no mention of Saville Sax, the Harvard student alleged to have recruited Ted Hall.
Memor is at http://www.historyhappens.net/archival/manproject/joanhalldoc/joanhall.htm

Michael Meeropol

WOnder if Joan Hall's resilience about Savy Sax is the work of the filmmaker --- When I met the Halls in 1996, they both had nothing but praise and love for Savy ...

On Mon, Oct 3, 2022 at 11:31 PM Charlie <charles1848@...> wrote:
Joan Hall's memoir has an authentic tone. She seems more to the left, at least in their old age, than Ted. Notable that she makes no mention of Saville Sax, the Harvard student alleged to have recruited Ted Hall.
Memor is at http://www.historyhappens.net/archival/manproject/joanhalldoc/joanhall.htm
_._,_._,_