Our destruction of animal habitats is coming back to haunt us.

Dennis Brasky

Researchers say zoonotic viruses — ones that spread between humans and animals like COVID or monkeypox — will become more common as humans expand into previously uninhabited areas.

"I think right now, much of the climate change focus has been focused on, 'Well, this is bad for the environment, and we're going to see floods, and we're going to see heat waves, and this may affect economic survival.' But people aren't always looking at it in terms of health and human disease, which is very costly."

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/29/1119561088/monkeypox-climate-change-zoonotic-diseases