Potential for abortion rights against the American Supreme Court can be even bigger mass movement than George Floyd protests!

Anthony Brain

Andrew Stewart

Trots have been predicting this shit for decades. I bet these people thought that the Womens March was going to be the International Womens Day protest that kicks off America’s February Revolution.

Anthony Boynton

Hi Andrew: "Trots" is an insulting term invented by Stalinists. Why don't you try "Trotskyists"? Stalinists and others have been doing far worse than making predictions. However, on this list Stalinists still have the right to speak their piece because Trotskyist are guaranteeing it.

Anthony

On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 4:28 PM Andrew Stewart <hasc.warrior.stew@...> wrote:
Trots have been predicting this shit for decades. I bet these people thought that the Womens March was going to be the International Womens Day protest that kicks off America’s February Revolution.

Andrew Stewart

The Stalinists invented the term “Trotskyites” (as well as a plethora of other variations of “-ites” to describe all enemies foreign and domestic).
I am not a Stalinist. And I use the phrase “Trots” to describe dogmatic sectarian douche bags that over-determine their own effectiveness, relevance, and self-importance. I was still crapping in diapers when the Berlin Wall collapsed, meaning that I never had a dog in the leadership fight for the Soviet Union that is now almost literally a century old. And furthermore, we’re you alive in 1924-39 when Trotsky was waging that battle? Because if you weren’t, I suspect you didn’t have a dog in that fight either and are just waving the flag of your faux-offense in order to preen like a peacock and change the subject, your cynical and disgusting desire to take advantage of a massive calamity so to serve your pathetic cult aspirations. Millions of people are going to start dying TODAY in the US because of this verdict. Already multiple states that make up hundreds of thousands of square miles of the lower 48 states have activated “trigger laws” in the past 24 hours that criminalize abortion and mandate massive jail terms for healthcare providers. By my count using the maps in this article, we could be talking about 30 state bans in the next month (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/us/abortion-laws-roe-v-wade.html). This calculation does not even account for the very real possibility of a federal ban that overturns state laws that codified Roe in the past five years! I live in Providence, where one such state level codification was passed by an extremely regressive pro-choice (and pro-austerity) Democratic Governor Gina Raimondo. The coalition that pushed this through was fundamentally steered by the big corporate pro-choice nonprofits, the Working Families Party, and the extremely problematic Womens March group. Our local alcove of Trots, who have been wandering around since the 2000s with newspapers in one hand and stale slogans about their Permanent Revolution in the other, were utterly meaningless in that coalition. The class character of that coalition is instructive as an augury of what is to come:
Because America lacks an organized broad-based radical Left fighting for reproductive justice (or anything else), it really is going to boil down to the whims of the capitalist class and whether their HR depts opt to provide abortion care in their insurance plans. The prospect of the fate of millions of people being determined by a pro-choice rendition of Ayn Rand’s General Strike from ATLAS SHRUGGED is perhaps the ultimate victory lap for Alan Greenspan.
I’m sorry but I find this self-righteous cynical opportunist drivel offensive. Clarence Thomas wrote in his opinion that he thinks that this decision opens the door to reversing the decisions about sodomy laws, marriage equality, and access to contraception. I am attached to men, I am trans/non-binary, and this is basically the start of hunting season for people like me. Piss off.

Anthony Boynton

Andrew you are way, way off base. Trot is an insulting term no matter what your intentions may be. You really do not know anything about me. I am not a member of anything, especially not a cult. Here is a list of stuff you can stop using in your posts:

  1. Unfounded characterizations of membership in phantom cults.
  2. The term douche bags.
  3. You can stop crapping in your diapers, and using the term, too.
As far as I can tell, you and I agree about women's rights, reproductive rights in particular, and also your characterization of those behind the Supreme Court decision.  One thing that has prevented the formation of the broad based left in the United States, the lack of which you lament, is the insulting and disrespectful rhetoric of ignorant people like you.  Why don't you grow up, write in a respectful way to others on this list, and try to stay on the list.

Why did you attack me, when I made a friendly suggestion?

Look in the mirror, Andrew.

Anthony