Nature Article on Ivermectin

Farans Kalosar

hari kumar

Thanks fkalosar - that reference certainly adds extra detail. Perhaps the proponents of this type of COVID denialism will back off.
Hari Kumar

Farans Kalosar

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 08:19 AM, hari kumar wrote:
Thanks fkalosar - that reference certainly adds extra detail. Perhaps the proponents of this type of COVID denialism will back off.
Hari Kumar

 I wish I could agree--there's a social pathology going on here that defies description--especially when you encounter the denialism among the self-identified "left"--for example, the antivaxers trying to control the "conversation" on the Sixties Leftist/SDS page on Facebook.

Regarding PubMed, I'm finding a barrel of citations of pro-ivermectin stuff on PubMed--far beyond my capacity to evaluate.  One does have to ask whether all this is a legitimate canvass of worthwhile literature or the product of some sinister right-wing influence at NLM.

BTW: Salon, of all places, has an (AFAIK) good high-level review of [some of] the "studies":

https://www.salon.com/2021/08/18/ivermectin-studies-analyzed/

I can't help wondering how much of this stuff is just plain faked--crudely adapted plagiarism or actually computer-generated phony BS.  I have the impression that the Egyptian preprint that was withdrawn may have been fraudulent (note character of current Egyptian gov.) And what about that Brazilian study--has Bolsonaro or some toady intervened?

The integrity and governance of scientific discourse seem so vulnerable.

hari kumar

fklosar says: "The integrity and governance of scientific discourse seem so vulnerable."
Correct.
Hence the relevance of Marx & Engels observation in the Communist Manifesto: "The bourgeoisie has stripped of its halo every occupation hitherto honoured and looked up to with reverent awe. It has converted the physician, the lawyer, the priest, the poet, the man of science, into its paid wage labourers." at MIA: https://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1848/communist-manifesto/ch01.htm
Hari Kumar