Re: ‘The Dawn of Everything’ gets human history wrong

Michael Meeropol

I confess --- for my graduate work at the University of Wisconsin in Economics in 1966-1969, I received a NATIONAL DEFENSE EDUCATION ACT FELLOWSHIP --

(I did NOT have to sign a loyalty oath to receive this --- that was an issue for undergraduates offered loans!)

So am I by analogy a tool of American militarism and imperialism? -- I sure as Hell hope not, though a few times I taught an MBA course at an air force base in Massachusetts ....

This attack on Chomsky is absolutely ridiculous --- he worked at MIT which gets a TREMENDOUS amount of money from the US government -- some of it IS defense related ---

In our society it is impossible to be PURE --- but I doubt that Chomsky has spent one minute of his life or one breath of air supporting American imperialism and militarism ...

Anyone who thinks otherwise is either woefully ignorant or willfully misleading ...