Re: Abortion rights: Today we mourn, tomorrow we organize! – Communist Party USA

gilschaeffer82@...

My point is primarily about our ideology and publicly stated goal, not particular tactics or the current state of political affairs. Everything we can say about how bad things are in this country right now or how bad they are likely to get could have been said about Russia in 1900 times ten or a hundred. Still, the first plank of the Program of the RSDLP was for a democratic constitution, a program that was not changed before the revolution.  Demanding a democratic constitution has nothing to do with following the procedures of the existing Constitution for amendments. The purpose is to explain that the Democratic Party's appeals to "defend our democracy" are hollow and disingenuous. That is the beginning of creating a truly independent ideology and organization capable of challenging the universal falsehood of our political system.