Re: NYT: Israeli Police Attack Mourners at Palestinian Journalist’s Funeral

Jeffrey Masko <j.alan.masko@...>

My post referred to an early one I made about how media structures work. I even used a link to a film to help explicate those in case you didn’t want to read something more about the subject.

If you don’t know what I’m talking about that’s certainly not my fault.  Take your pissing contest and anti-intellectualism  elsewhere.  And try David Snow instead of Lakoff, btw framing is not an obscure concept in media studies.

You can call me Dr. Masko as I am not a working professor.

On May 15, 2022, at 9:52 AM, Jeffrey Masko <j.alan.masko@...> wrote:

On May 15, 2022, at 9:18 AM, Farans Kalosar <fkalosar101@...> wrote:

I have asked a perfectly serious question--where in the specific NYT article that Professor Masko is attacking is there any reference to "mad dictator[s], unchecked aggression, unprovoked violence, and a fight for freedom purely in a defensive mode?"

The answer is that--silence being the evidence--there is none.  Ergo--the post to which I was replying is not a serious entry in a vigorous but civil debate.  There is nothing "childish" in pointing that out, and this is not a "taunt."

George Lakoff's obsessive nattering about "framing" is merely a metaphor that has been metastasized to a theory through the unnecessary proliferation of bourgeois academic "disciplines."  This is an intellectual disease.