"On Syria, Chomsky Inspired but Then Disappointed Me"; by Yassin al-Haj Saleh

hari kumar

https://newlinesmag.com/review/chomsky-is-no-friend-of-the-syrian-revolution/

"Just three weeks following my release after 16 years in prison in Syria, I started translating a book into Arabic. The book was “Powers and Prospects: Reflections on Human Nature and the Social Order,” by Noam Chomsky. It had taken me some time to realize that the leading linguist and the harsh critic of American imperialism was the same person. I saw this as a remarkable and much-needed example of the social and political responsibility of scientists and intellectuals....
In the 11 years since the start of the Syrian revolution in March 2011, Chomsky has not written once about Syria to inform his many readers about the country’s plight. His scattered comments reveal that he views the Syrian struggle — as with every other struggle — solely through the frame of American imperialism. He is thus blind to the specificities of Syria’s politics, society, economy and history."
_______________This long piece has much more sharp criticism, from one with what seems apparent credentials___________