Re: AW RE: [marxmail] *Marxism versus postmodernism*

Michael Meeropol

Noam Chomsky had an interesting take-down of postmodernism years ago --- he kept saying, "Maybe i'm missing something, but ...." and then would descrive the scientific method which post-modernism completely trashes!

I'm sure his essay is avialble somewhere in cyber-space --- it was quite convincing with his droll repetition that "Maybe I'm missing something, but ...."

On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 5:59 PM <wytheholt@...> wrote:
Postmodernism came along when I was still teaching, and with as much respect as I can muster, it seemed then and seems now to be mostly gibberish and wholly devoted to opposing the materialism and deep truths to be found in Marxism. It is mostly worthless, and it comes as close to a genuine rightwing conspiracy as you can find in toothless academic circles. Wythe