Re: Hemingway’s Politics Were No Secret—Just Read His Only Crime Novel | David Masciotra | CrimeReads

Donal Deroiste

Sad to relate when I was young in Ireland there was a publicly displayed color of clothing in Roche's stores Cork "N....Brown".  No one did anything about it that I know of.

On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 at 19:30, Anthony Boynton <anthony.boynton@...> wrote:
It continues throughout. If you can't read Hemingway, try reading Huck Finn. The language hadn't been changed by the struggles of the 50's and 60's which made the N word into the most offensive word in the English language. Before we marched and demonstrated and fought, it was an "acceptable" part of the English language, and the Founding Fathers who had owned slaves were considered to be good guys. We have changed the world for the better in some important ways including the way we ahve changed language.