Changing the subject ....

Michael Meeropol

Dear Alan --- (and the rest) --- I was just on a ZOOM brain-storming session organized by ellen Schrecker and Van Gosse of H-PAD (Historians for Peace and Democracy) --- They are attempting to begin the process of pushing back against censorship of teaching that is in the guise of "protecting students" from Critical Race Theory ---

THey are attempting to start with faculty senates at universities and colleges adopting strong resolutions in support of the right of teachers to teach in the classroom without state legislatures micro-managing (such as banning BELOVED from the classroom -- or book burning!!) ---

I believe such a move should immediately be followed by acts of solidarity and support for high school teachers and local school board members in order to resist the rising tide of fascism in K-12 (and college) education ---