Re: Al Jazeera on a likely Trump victory in 2024

Michael Meeropol

I KNOW this is a pollyanna response -- but I think the majority (maybe as many as 60 percent) of the country has NOT been taken in by Trump's lies and sees him for what he is.

Unlike 2020 when the pandemic reduced the ability of the Dems to go door to door, 2024 will be conducted in an "all hands on deck" response to the danger of a second Trump term.   People who will "crawl through broken glass to vote against Trump" will flood the polls.  YES, voter suppression will be a serious problem but I sincerely believe (again pollyanna??) that the public at large is DONE with Trump === either for good reasons, they see him as a racist, fascist, misogynist, xenophobic pig who is enabling anti-choice and anti-immigration extremists with whom the majority of the people strongly disagree ---

So I see a Trump renomination as a GOOD THING for the Dems ---

NOW --- whether that helps or hinders the development of independent working class solidarity and political activity, don't know about that --- because a Trump candidacy also brings people like me --- radicals who should
"known better" into working for the Dems ---

(there I confessed it!!)

On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 3:51 AM Roger Kulp <leucovorinsaves@...> wrote:
Trump's age and health is a consideration, but he is still a likely contender for 2024, for reasons we all know too well. What's more, I think he stands a good chance of being reelected. If he does run again, there is a good possibility he could pick a much younger running mate even further to the right.
_._,_._,_