Re: From The New Yorker: Is It Time for a New Economics Curriculum?

Michael Meeropol

the fact that this is in the NEW YORKER is fantastic ---

I used Carlin's and Soskice's Intermediate Macro text probably 30 years ago --- it was cutting edge for that field as well.

Interestingly, a number of economists have argued that the scope of THE ECONOMY is too NARROW ---

For those who want a truly revolutionary re-imagining of the economy from foundation to detail, check out Anwar Shaikh's book.  CAPITALISM:  Competition, Conflict, Crisis.   (it's graduate level!!)

From my perspective the Bowles-Carlin book is a great step in the right direction ...

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/annals-of-inquiry/is-it-time-for-a-new-economics-curriculum