Re: PBS-Ken Burn's Documentaries on Muhammad Ali

Michael Meeropol

I want to especially recommend "One Night in Miami" the play turned film representing the paywright's views on the types of discussions that MIGHT have occurred when Jim Brown, Cassius Clay (Muhammed Ali), Malcolm X and Sam Cooke met for the after-party mentioned briefly in the first episode.

I just watched it and I think it is great.

On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 9:58 PM John A Imani <johnaimani3@...> wrote:
Comrades,

Below, strictly as an FYI, are links to episodes that call back to mind the athlete, in this case, Muhammad Ali (nee Cassius Clay), and the social questions that were recently visited in this space.  I especially call attention to the episodes What's My Name Ali and Activism & The Modern Athlete where he is with Jim Brown and Kareem Abdul Jabbar (nee Louis Alcindor) and Ali, Race & Religion where he is shown with Malcolm X (nee Malcolm Little) and his family.