Las Vegas Radio Amateur Club, Inc. LVRAC@groups.io
The Las Vegas Radio Amateur Club (LVRAC) was formed in April of 1961, and is the oldest HAM radio club in Las Vegas. It began in Jerry Mann's kitchen (W7VYC later N7CAH now SK). The first meeting was held as a picnic at Mt. Charleston, 150 people attended.
In the early days of the LVRAC the club was contacted by Joe Wells, then the head of the Thunderbird Hotel, who wanted to establish a ham station in the hotel. He offered ...to purchase the equipment and provide a room in which to build a station. He bought a full Collins Radio S-line system (the finest equipment made at the time), Hy-Gain beam antennas and all the necessary accessories to equip a fully functional station. A glass windowed room, completely visible, to the hotel's patrons, was built to house the station. All LVRAC members had station access key cards and could operate the station at any time. Club meetings were held at the hotel. The Thunderbird is our trademark as a symbol of the club's early affiliation with the Thunderbird Hotel more than half a century ago.
This Group is open to all HAMS, Feel free to open a topic that relates to your issues with the technology of wireless communications, in other words your QSO in VEGAS stays in VEGAS.
Catch you on the air waves...
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]
- #cal-reminder 9 topics
- #cal-cancelled 7 topics
- #Antennas Conversation and Information on Amateur Radio Antennas 6 topics
- #ARRL Comments or Information about ARRL the National Association for Amateur Radio. 5 topics
- #SilentKey Conversation and Information about Hams that have Passed Away. 3 topics
- #cal-invite 2 topics
- #lvmesh 2 topics
- #AllStarLink Inforamtion related to AllStar Link systems and projects 1 topics
- #aredn Amateur Radio Emergency Data Network... www.arednmesh.org 1 topics
- #LVRAC-CountryStore 1 topics