Topics

Programming Teensy?

Patrick

You'll have to excuse my ignorance.

I don't really do programming though I can fumble my way around a bit and in getting the Teensy programmed I'm fumbling a bit.

In the attached image I'm getting a error regarding LiquidCristalFast.h

I'm using a Windows VM to program it up. I haven't cut the 5v usb trace yet, figured I should probably program it first so when I bench it, it should be working.

Gary W9TD

You need to install the LiquidCrystalFast library. I believe it may be part of Teensyduino. Did you install that from pjrc.com.
Gary
W9TD

Patrick

Yes, did both from the bottom of the page here...

https://sites.google.com/site/lofturj/to-automatically-tune-a-magnetic-loop-antenna#TOC-Firmware-for-the-Magnetic-Loop-Controller

and here...

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

Ironically there were a couple updates that I wasn't notified of before. I applied the updates and everything loaded just fine, no errors, programmed and rebooted.

Johan Holstein

Hi Patrick,

I can solve this for you is this still actual?

Best regards,

Johan

On 05-02-2021 05:10, Patrick wrote:

You'll have to excuse my ignorance.

I don't really do programming though I can fumble my way around a bit and in getting the Teensy programmed I'm fumbling a bit.

In the attached image I'm getting a error regarding LiquidCristalFast.h

I'm using a Windows VM to program it up. I haven't cut the 5v usb trace yet, figured I should probably program it first so when I bench it, it should be working.

Johan Holstein

The most easiest way is to use the precompiled hex files.

If you like to do it your self this library is needed  #include <LiquidCrystalFast.h> see attachment and install it.

Best,

Johan

On 05-02-2021 09:30, Johan Holstein wrote:

Hi Patrick,

I can solve this for you is this still actual?

Best regards,

Johan

On 05-02-2021 05:10, Patrick wrote:

You'll have to excuse my ignorance.

I don't really do programming though I can fumble my way around a bit and in getting the Teensy programmed I'm fumbling a bit.

In the attached image I'm getting a error regarding LiquidCristalFast.h

I'm using a Windows VM to program it up. I haven't cut the 5v usb trace yet, figured I should probably program it first so when I bench it, it should be working.

Johan Holstein

Aha I see ...it looks like you not installed Teensyduino .... and your IDE is on an Arduino Uno.

That will never work.... install Teensyduino software as well.