Topics

program modification

Piotr Bagniewski

Hi,

I just got the PCB in the mail today, and I will continue with the rest of components.
I just have a question if there is someone in the forum who knows hot to program the Teensy.
The original design calls for a SWR bridge, but there is an option to get the SWR from the radio using CAT commands.
I will have an Arduino library for yaesu that includes the SWR reading from the radio, but I do not think I would be able to modify the
code to include it in the program.

I am looking for someone familiar with the original program who knows how to modify it.

Thanks.

Immo, DL5KB

hi Peter,

fine idea I think, but:
SWR-reading during tuning is required permanent.
The interface is not able to pull the SWR-data at such short intervals.

This will be the scenario:
1. pull SWR-data,
2. make a step,
3. pull SWR-data,
4. make a step, etc.
If endpoint of tuning interval is reached caused by increasing SWR, backlash-steps are inserted, to go back to the best adjustment. And a new approach...

I presume, you won't be happy of this, even if it's possible.
My suggestion: Take a little bridge from kits and parts, comp a little metal enclosure and you will get happy.

If you wouldn't have additional RF-cables at your bench, connect the bridge per cable and use it remotedly. Works fine, while regarding a good shielding and right grounding.

Good luck
73, Immo

Immo, DL5KB

hi All,
this shows the connection to a remoted bridge:

Piotr Bagniewski

Hi Immo,
I wasn't sure how the measuring works, that's why asked for help.
If  you really think that this wouldn't work, I will not bother, but my impression was that it should.
Does anyone else have other  opinion on SWR via CAT command?