Topics

No display 2.0

sm6moj

Hi

The backlight in my display works when I connect either USB or 12V. The link on the Teensy will not be cut until I get the display working

I have checked the circuit board for solder bridges. The Teensy flashes when I load the "flash" sketch. The display shows text when I connect it to a uBitx Raduino. But no text appears when I put it in the loop controller. The display is connected 1-6 and 11-16.

What should I do next?

Andrew

SM6MOJ

Immo

hi Andrew,
on your last picture I didn't identify the board as a "new version" . Surely there are no spare pins between the connectors to the display on the new board ... sorry.
Does the display show only blocks or a blank plane instead of any signs? If so, try to adjust the contrast with the variable R. Does the display show any reaction, when you try to adjust the contrast?
On the photo I cannot identify the colourcode of the 4 resistors R11 to R14. Is it brown black red or brown black orange? They should be 1k0, means brown black red.
I cannot identify what is between pin3 and pin4 of the connector to the display on the board. If there is a bridge, reset can be activated and display cannot show anything.
Nothing else notable from my sight. Hope, it helps.
73, Immo, DL5KB

sm6moj

Thank you
There was a microscopic piece of solder flash between pins 3 and 4. This has been removed and I can now see text on the screen when the contrast is adnusted.
The display lighting is quite dim. I will try using another display to test.
The display currently used looked OK when hooked up tp a uBitx Raduino.
73
Andrew

SM6MOJ

Thank you for your help. There was a microscopic flashing between pins 3 and 4 which my solder pump had not removed. I needed a x10 magnifier to see it.
I can now see text (but not very bright) on the display from a pre-compiled hex file. I will now cut the trace and put the thing together again.

Andrew

Immo

hi Andrew,
you're welcome! Now that you can see something on your display, but very weak, you should try to adjust the contrast with the 10k potentiometer right in the corner of the board. Turning it VERY SLOWLY you should find a position, where the signs on the display are shown best.
73, Immo, DL5KB