Topics

Loop controller

Johan Holstein

Dear group,

This is my plan for the power and swr meter with the 5" screen.

Integrate the the loop controller readout and buttons in the new power and swr meter.

So than we can eliminate the expensive encoder/display  and coupler, for the loopcontroller we need a blackbox with a Teensy 3.2 and stepper motor controller.

I will add a new page to the existing Power and Swr meter with touchscreen buttons.

Interfacing via a three wire cable to the blackbox.

Hope you are interested in this..... pls let me know.

Best regards,

Johan

Patrick

Looks pretty nice!

I'd be interested.

I'll still finish the one I've started but I'd make an additional one.

Immo

Edited

hi Johan,

sounds good. What will be the setup? Loop-controller at the loop direct, One connection to the "black box" ("three wires") and power to the loop-controller? (in all 5 wires?)
I can imagine this setup. I have my loop inside my shack and it would be nice to have one box near the loop for conrolling the stepper and another
only to serve the controller and watch SWR. Up to now I have the SWR-detector with the two 8307 working well. It is directly positioned at the loop, connectet with 4 wires to the controller. So I use three cables, one for reading SWR, one for controlling the stepper, one for the HF.

Yes, I'm interested...
73, Immo, DL5KB

by the way: you use very fine boxes. Where do you get them?

Johan Holstein

Hi Immo,

Why this project.....

First I like to reduce the components for the loopcontroller, second it can be simply integrated in our existing Power and SWR meter with a 5" screen.

Stepper controller + decoupling  and a Teensy 3.2 in a small housing, no big cables to the loop controller but to our existing coupler, so as made a while ago.

That means you can switch between loop and wire antenna with only a push on the screen.

I start already with some touchscreen buttons ....

The boxes you can buy everywhere but to machine it with a CNC is a much different story.

Best,

Johan

On 05-02-2021 18:58, Immo wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

hi Johan,

sounds good. What will be the setup? Loop-controller at the loop direct, One connection to the "black box" ("three wires") and power to the loop-controller? (in all 5 wires?)
I can imagine this setup. I have my loop inside my shack and it would be nice to have one box near the loop for conrolling the stepper and another
only to serve the controller and watch SWR. Up to now I have the SWR-detector with the two 8307 working well. It is directly positioned at the loop, connectet with 4 wires to the controller. So I use three cables, one for reading SWR, one for controlling the stepper, one for the HF.

Yes, I'm interested...
73, Immo, DL5KB

by the way: you use very fine boxes. Where do you get them?

py1ahd

On 05-02-2021 18:58, Immo wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

hi Johan,

sounds good. What will be the setup? Loop-controller at the loop direct, One connection to the "black box" ("three wires") and power to the loop-controller? (in all 5 wires?)
I can imagine this setup. I have my loop inside my shack and it would be nice to have one box near the loop for conrolling the stepper and another
only to serve the controller and watch SWR. Up to now I have the SWR-detector with the two 8307 working well. It is directly positioned at the loop, connectet with 4 wires to the controller. So I use three cables, one for reading SWR, one for controlling the stepper, one for the HF.

Yes, I'm interested...
73, Immo, DL5KB

by the way: you use very fine boxes. Where do you get them?

Al

Edited

Johan,
I’d be keen to help if required.
How far did you get on PCB design?
We could collaborate a design using Kicad and make the board available from a manufacturer such as PCBWay as an unpopulated board or fully assembled.

Loftur’s design works well but uses lots of single row headers which are time consuming, make for a messy wiring loom, and connectors can get mixed up or have wrong polarity.
Your idea of a touch screen eliminates most if not all wiring.
Integrating the swr/power meter on the same board cuts down on build time as well.
Good idea all round.
Al

VE3VXO

Looks beautiful. Why not plan for a newer teensy with more serial and IO ports?  There are already those who could use them!

Joe ve3vxo

K7LRK

I'm interested would jump at a kit or completely assembled.